Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > Scottish and Irish Ale > Partial - "Drunken Lullaby" Irish Red

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2012, 06:02 PM   #41
diptherunner
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts

Dangerbrew,

I'm going to brew this up later this week, but in your revised recipe did you use leaf or pellet hops? Other an 10% increase in leaf quantity, any other benefits or consequences? Thanks!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2012, 08:17 AM   #42
Redcloak66
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Thanks again Danger , pulled a few pints off the tap this weekend and was very happy with the results. Will be brewing this up again in the future for sure.

Old 10-07-2012, 09:09 PM   #43
wobblymadman
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

Hello Dangerbrew... I read all the glowing reviews on here for Drunken Lullaby, and decided it would be the recipe of choice for my second partial mash attempt. I dropped the pale ale malt back and did a late addition of LME and DME. It looked fantastic and I caught hints of a rich red coppery colour as I transferred it to the fermenter. Thoroughly enjoyed my brew day and can't wait to knock the top off the first bottle of Drunken Lullaby.

What i thought you might be interested in, is that I am brewing your fine recipe down in New Zealand. If I posted a recipe, I'd be fascinated to hear what parts of the World it was being brewed. Maybe one of these brew sites will include geotagging brew locations in the future...

Anyway, cheers mate!

Old 10-07-2012, 11:31 PM   #44
diptherunner
Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts

Likewise! I have a "Drunken lullabies" in the secondary right now, coming up on 2 weeks. Bottling, next weekend and with luck, drinking soon! Your brew recipe made it to upstate New York. Thanks! It looks and tastes great so far.

Old 10-19-2012, 05:30 AM   #45
dpeanut7
Recipes 

Is it possible to make this as an extract batch? If so, what adjustments need to be made? Any help would be appreciated, I really want to try and brew this on Saturday!

Old 10-19-2012, 12:56 PM   #46
dangerbrew
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 32 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by wobblymadman View Post
Hello Dangerbrew... I read all the glowing reviews on here for Drunken Lullaby, and decided it would be the recipe of choice for my second partial mash attempt. I dropped the pale ale malt back and did a late addition of LME and DME. It looked fantastic and I caught hints of a rich red coppery colour as I transferred it to the fermenter. Thoroughly enjoyed my brew day and can't wait to knock the top off the first bottle of Drunken Lullaby.

What i thought you might be interested in, is that I am brewing your fine recipe down in New Zealand. If I posted a recipe, I'd be fascinated to hear what parts of the World it was being brewed. Maybe one of these brew sites will include geotagging brew locations in the future...

Anyway, cheers mate!
Awesome, man! Glad to hear it's made the trip over the big water!! If you can take any pictures and post them that would be amazing - love to see them - and definitely enjoy the lullaby, my friend.
On Tap/Kegged:, "Springthyme" Saison (Saison du Buff clone), "The Sh*t that Killed Elvis" PB-Banana-Bacon Ale, "Flying Hop Monster" Imperial Black IPA, "Chubby Unicorn" Blueberry-Vanilla Witbier, "Captain Meowmers" Maris/Mosaic SMaSH, "Snozzberry" Gluten-free Raspberry Wit, "Batch 100" American Barleywine (1.100 OG, 100 IBU)

President and proud member of The Fairmont Homebrewers Club

Old 10-19-2012, 12:57 PM   #47
dangerbrew
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcloak66 View Post
Thanks again Danger , pulled a few pints off the tap this weekend and was very happy with the results. Will be brewing this up again in the future for sure.
Great! - glad you like the recipe - I'm brewing a batch of it next month to sip on over thanksgiving and the holidays.
On Tap/Kegged:, "Springthyme" Saison (Saison du Buff clone), "The Sh*t that Killed Elvis" PB-Banana-Bacon Ale, "Flying Hop Monster" Imperial Black IPA, "Chubby Unicorn" Blueberry-Vanilla Witbier, "Captain Meowmers" Maris/Mosaic SMaSH, "Snozzberry" Gluten-free Raspberry Wit, "Batch 100" American Barleywine (1.100 OG, 100 IBU)

Old 10-19-2012, 12:58 PM   #48
dangerbrew
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by diptherunner View Post
Likewise! I have a "Drunken lullabies" in the secondary right now, coming up on 2 weeks. Bottling, next weekend and with luck, drinking soon! Your brew recipe made it to upstate New York. Thanks! It looks and tastes great so far.
Nice!! Let me know how it turns out when you crack one open!

Old 10-19-2012, 01:08 PM   #49
dangerbrew
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpeanut7 View Post
Is it possible to make this as an extract batch? If so, what adjustments need to be made? Any help would be appreciated, I really want to try and brew this on Saturday!
Hey man - i went ahead and tried my best to convert it to an extract-only recipe here for you - won't be exactly the same, but you can go ahead and give it a try - should be somewhat close depending on the extract you get.

Also, don't forget to add the irish moss 15 min before the end of the boil!

Let me know how this works out for you. I'd be interested to see.

Drunken Lullaby extract - Irish Red Ale
================================================== =======
Batch Size: 5.250 gal
Boil Size: 6.200 gal
Boil Time: 0.000 s
Efficiency: 70%
OG: 1.063
FG: 1.016
ABV: 6.2%
Bitterness: 27.1 IBUs (Tinseth)
Color: 13 SRM (Mosher)

Fermentables
Name Type Amount Mashed Late Yield Color
Amber Liquid Extract Extract 9.000 lb No No 78% 13 L
Brown Sugar, Dark Sugar 8.000 oz No Yes 100% 50 L

Hops
Name Alpha Amount Use Time Form IBU
Fuggles 4.5% 2.000 oz Boil 40.000 min Pellet 23.8
Kent Goldings 5.5% 1.000 oz Boil 5.000 min Pellet 3.3

Yeast
Name Type Form Amount Stage
Safale S-04 Ale Dry 0.388 oz Primary

Old 10-19-2012, 03:56 PM   #50
dpeanut7
Recipes 

Thanks! I'll be sure to let you know how it turns out!

Quick Reply