Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > English Pale Ale > All-Grain - Bitter Brit Ordinary Bitter

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2012, 08:35 PM   #21
HopSong
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 85 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 11

subscribed

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2014, 11:21 PM   #22
peabody304
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Sorry to see this recipe slip from the first page. It's a solid recipe, and I've brewed it many times (I sub victory for the toasted Maris Otter).

Not only does it taste great, but I've placed in several competitions with it, including the Bluebonnet, the Celtic Brew-Off, and the first round of the National Homebrew Competition. I don't mean to brag; I just want to highlight how good it is.

And I'm making 10 gallons tomorrow.

Thanks, azscoob!

Old 02-16-2014, 04:37 AM   #23
azscoob
Here's the Beers!
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 141 Times on 122 Posts
Likes Given: 134

Quote:
Originally Posted by peabody304 View Post
Sorry to see this recipe slip from the first page. It's a solid recipe, and I've brewed it many times (I sub victory for the toasted Maris Otter).

Not only does it taste great, but I've placed in several competitions with it, including the Bluebonnet, the Celtic Brew-Off, and the first round of the National Homebrew Competition. I don't mean to brag; I just want to highlight how good it is.

And I'm making 10 gallons tomorrow.

Thanks, azscoob!
You are quite welcome!

Shirts n Steins: Grain Reaper Brewing

Old 02-16-2014, 04:53 PM   #24
smccarter
Recipes 

Liked 156 Times on 109 Posts
Likes Given: 80

I've been working on an Ordinary Bitter recipe myself. I've brewed it three times now. One has been digested, the 2nd is carbing up now, the 3rd is in the fermenter.

Your grain bill looks very similar to mine. I didn't think about toasted malt, but that sounds like a great idea.

I'm using 3% aromatic malt. I believe I got that from a Charlie P recipe somewhere. And I'm using crystal 10L. I'm also going all Goldings, at the rate of 22 IBUs.

I'm probably going to steal a bit of your recipe. I like mine, but the great thing about brewing your own beer, is you can brew it any way you want to.

Thanks for this post. Looks like a very nice beer.

Quick Reply