Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > Amber Hybrid Beer > All-Grain - BierMuncher's OktoberFAST Ale (AG)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2012, 02:12 PM   #481
tre9er
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 232 Times on 196 Posts
Likes Given: 35

This beer get's better the longer it's in the keg...unfortunately the keg also has less volume as this occurs

Really glad I brewed this. If anyone's bottle conditioned this, have you noticed any tasting differences vs. force carbed in keg? I plan to serve some of this at our block party on the 13th but the keg will likely be dry by then. hiccup

Quote:
Originally Posted by davekippen View Post
Open log Fermenting and gas-can secondary?? I am planning my next brew right now!!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2012, 08:35 PM   #482
pannell77
Sponsor
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 31 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 18

just brewed my first attempt at this, 5 gallon batch. hit 83% efficiency in my newly insulated mash tun which was surprising. OG was 1.050 going into the carboy, looking forward to this.

Handmade Chalkboard and Dry Erase Tap Handles

We are one of the few that offer a Black Dry Erase version tap handle and we have some of the lowest prices on the market.

Custom Idea? No problem, just shoot us an email with your thoughts and we can work it out together.

AleYeahDesign@gmail.com

My Keezer Build

Old 10-09-2012, 03:11 AM   #483
latts
Recipes 

Going to try this out in time for deer camp. Only change is using Wyeast's 1968 London ESB yeast. Here goes nothing!

Old 10-11-2012, 10:11 PM   #484
mbertram
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

Default Secondary stuck fermentation

Sorry for not checking more than the first dozen or so pages, but this thread is pretty big.

I racked this to the secondary and since haven't seen or measured any activity. Anyone else have this problem?

Old 10-12-2012, 03:08 AM   #485
D_Nyholm
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 71 Times on 59 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Secondary is really not necessary and usually really used to clear the beer. If you did not move the beer too early to secondary, you really should not see any activity.

Old 10-12-2012, 06:13 PM   #486
deuce40
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuce40
So I brewed this beer last Friday and I'm a little scared that I mashed to high. I was trying to get to the mash temp of 157 and ended up right at 160 for a little while. Probably 5 minutes total. I was trying to stir as much as I could to bring down temp but it just wasn't dropping fast enough so I dropped in some cold water to get it to about where I need. By the end of my 60Min mash temps had dropped another 3 or 4 degrees ending at around 154. So I coutinued as usual and didnt think much of it. I finshed everything then pitched my yeast I used S-04. Three days later all fermentation has stoped and was at a gravity of 1.030. Thinking it was a stuck fermenation I tryed to rouse the yeast and raise temps to about 70 was at the low 60's. Three days later still no signs or fermentation and gravity is still at 1.030. Could this be a product of the high mash temps or should I go ahead and pitch some more yeast. I also heard that adding some suger could get my yeast going again.
So I bottled this today and after just one teaspoon of the enzyme it got me all the way down to 1.013. I was looking for this to end up right around there so everything went well. Thanks for all the help.

Old 10-12-2012, 06:31 PM   #487
tre9er
Recipes 

I've nearly killed a keg plus some bottles of this. Great recipe. Mine dried out to around 1.010 but I still think it tastes great. I had a local brewery's Marzen the other day and it tasted almost spot-on for mine.

FWIW I used all Munich in place of Vienna, which I didn't have.

Quote:
Open log Fermenting and gas-can secondary?? I am planning my next brew right now!!

Old 10-13-2012, 01:24 PM   #488
Brizzo
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

3 weeks in the primary and now it's in the keg. Ended up at 1.020 and the sample tasted good. Can't wait to try in 2 weeks on tap!

Old 10-19-2012, 02:55 AM   #489
skiingimpy
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Brewed this about 3 weeks ago. straight to the keg, 40 psi overnight. And it's amazing. great head, perfect lacing, huge flavor, well balanced, caramelly (according to my roommate) and everything an octoberfest should be, even though I cheated with the -05. finished right at 1.020, and the beer is perfect. If you're lazy or can't do lagers, this is a great fall seasonal. Next year I might even try to brew it on time for real octoberfest time. Excited to drink it for the rest of the fall and into the winter.

Thanks BM. your recipes are always perfect. Whenever I want to try a new style, I go straight to your recipe dropdown. Thanks!!

Old 10-19-2012, 03:24 PM   #490
tre9er
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiingimpy View Post
Excited to drink it for the rest of the fall and into the winter.
You need to step your game up!

Quote:

Quick Reply