This was my very first all-grain batch, and the sample I just tasted after force carbing seems like it's one of the best I've made. Ran into the following minor problems:
1) Huge grain bill, and I wasn't fully prepared for the volume of grain+liquid that resulted during mashing, sparging, and boiling. There may have been some minor overflow... Just something to look out for if you're a noob like me.
2) No yeast activity after 48 hours... I think the yeast vial might have been frozen prior to pitching. I then pitched a singled packet of S-04 and it took off vigorously. (oxygenated w/ pure O2 and an aeration stone).
I'm extremely pleased with this, and it looks like it'll make a great complement to a well-aged keg of apfelwein for an upcoming party!
Edit: I just got a comment: "This is the best beer I've ever had." Thanks for the great recipe, Edwort!