Originally Posted by Tiber_Brew
Sounds like it's coming along quite nicely.
The 5 gallon base recipe is really beginning to come into it's own. It's now been lagering for approx 2 weeks and a lot of the beginning sulfer/corn smells and flavors have gone away. It's clearing up very nicely also.
The 3.5 gallons with the pineapple got that on Friday of last week. I tasted it the day after and the pineapple was pretty prominent. Almost a little to much. My issue was a chopped it all up and put it in a bag, and then had to put it in the keg. I didn't chop it small enough and had to somewhat push it through. This squeezed a lot of the juice out I think and I got a larger amount of pineapple in it at the very beginning. So, I literally took it out the next day. I'd rather have less pineapple and a good brew than way to much pineapple was my thought. I haven't tasted it since then though, so I will have to update that part once I've tasted it.