Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > Light Hybrid Beer > All-Grain - Squeeze My Lemon Summer Blonde

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2011, 04:45 PM   #81
devanmc
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

2 things
can i secondary condition this in the keg? or do i need to do it in a fermenter.
after the 1month brewing time is it ready to drink or should it be left to age?

I spent a lot of my money on booze, cigars, birds and fast cars, the rest I just squandered. -George Best

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-18-2011, 08:09 PM   #82
cracked1
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 22 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by devanmc View Post
2 things
can i secondary condition this in the keg? or do i need to do it in a fermenter.
after the 1month brewing time is it ready to drink or should it be left to age?
I don't see anything wrong with keg conditioning this.

This was one of the first brews I kegged after building my keezer so I was in a bit of a hurry to give it a try. After 4 weeks in primary I kegged and force carbed. 48 hours at 30 psi then down to serving pressure at about 10 psi. After two days at 10psi I started drinking... Even young it was great. It did get a little better after a couple weeks but I don't think most people would have noticed.

Old 07-18-2011, 08:19 PM   #83
devanmc
Recipes 

good to hear. i have 1 month till a weekend party and plan on brewing this tomorrow to bring down.

I spent a lot of my money on booze, cigars, birds and fast cars, the rest I just squandered. -George Best

Old 09-29-2011, 05:04 PM   #84
dwroll300
Recipes 

Just got done making this batch. It turned out great. Good lemon flavor, but not overdone. Planning on making this for next summer now.

Old 12-20-2011, 06:34 AM   #85
HopLife
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Brewed it today. Will get back to ya'll in about a month with photos and report.

meh.

Old 03-11-2012, 06:08 PM   #86
psusoccer21
Recipes 

Please post your report and pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopLife View Post
Brewed it today. Will get back to ya'll in about a month with photos and report.

Old 03-12-2012, 06:02 PM   #87
HopLife
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 16

My batch was not good.

I dumped it.

I think I may have had a contamination problem. The beer had a horrible chemical taste. I used commercial lemons with the zesting technique. I think I may have leached out some sort of chemical treatment they do to the skin or some pesticide residue or something. I also managed to scorch some grain during the mash. So overall, I think this goes down as my worst executed beer. I think I will have to try it again. I don't think my experience make any real reflection on the recipe, but I might consider buying organic lemons or finding some that are homegrown.

I did save one beer that I can post a picture of. It is absolutely beautiful. Just tastes like a laboratory.

Good Luck

sspx0014.jpg  

meh.

Old 03-13-2012, 01:38 PM   #88
dwroll300
Recipes 

We used the dried lemon peel my LBS was selling instead of fresh zest. It worked great and may address any contamination risks.

We're brewing an IPA this weekend, then doing the Lemon Blonde right after in time for late spring.

--Dave

Old 03-19-2012, 04:31 PM   #89
happypanties
Recipes 

Likes Given: 34

I just brewed this yesterday and am a little concerned about how bitter it tastes when I took my OG reading. I used a cheese grater to get the lemon peel, which was a pain in the ass. I had a lot of juice in the bowl with the peel, and maybe took off a little too much of the white part.

Old 03-20-2012, 09:44 PM   #90
cracked1
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 22 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by happypanties View Post
I just brewed this yesterday and am a little concerned about how bitter it tastes when I took my OG reading. I used a cheese grater to get the lemon peel, which was a pain in the ass. I had a lot of juice in the bowl with the peel, and maybe took off a little too much of the white part.
I've often noted a very bitter flavor in my samples of this too. However, it has always smothed out a tasted great once it was finished. This is one of the most difficult beers for me to keep around. Once my friends, family and neighbors find out it's on tap the keg gets drained super quick. Now they like to buy the ingredients for it and help brew just so it's on tap more often.

I was going to change my signature but I ran out of clever.

Quick Reply