Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > Light Hybrid Beer > All-Grain - Squeeze My Lemon Summer Blonde

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-22-2008, 03:53 PM   #11
shok
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

BTW I had been meaning to post here for awhile.

I tried this recipe, except I replaced half the cascades with Saaz hops.

It came out awesome, and the 2 cases were gone quickly.

Thanks!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2008, 05:33 PM   #12
BlindLemonLars
Conqueroo Brew
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by shok View Post
BTW I had been meaning to post here for awhile.

I tried this recipe, except I replaced half the cascades with Saaz hops.

It came out awesome, and the 2 cases were gone quickly.

Thanks!
Looks great! I'm sure Saaz works really well with the recipe. Yeah, in the summer I can blow through a keg of this stuff right quick. I'm gearing up for 10 gallon batches, and this is one of the first that I'll double up.

Old 03-06-2009, 12:12 PM   #13
rustybucket
Recipes 

Hello all! First time poster here on homebrewtalk.com! I've been making wine for some time now and am making the leap to beer this summer. I've been looking for a summer type ale recipe for a while now and I think this is it!

I was looking for a brew that liked camping, boating, fishing, hiking, long walks on the beach.... hehehe.. you get the idea. My family's active outdoors most of the summer so I wanted a brew that would fit and be enjoyed by all!

I called the LBS yesterday and put in an order for all the ingredients! I'm upping the size a little... going with a 20gal batch! (fits my wine equip a little better than 5gal)

Hope to get it in the primary this weekend!

I've done quite a bit of research online regarding brewing and had a good long conversation with the LBS yesterday on the fundamentals but.... I was wondering if you would mind taking the time to lay out the steps for me just as you have done them....? Feel free to dumb them down a little for this newb !

ie,
Step 1: Do the first thing
Step 2: Do the second thing.... etc.

I just think this would help put EVERYTHING into perspective for me. I understand your ingredient list and what everything does, I'm still just a little foggy on the process.

Thanks for any help/assistance/guidance you may be able to provide!

rusty

Last edited by rustybucket; 03-06-2009 at 12:24 PM.

Old 03-06-2009, 03:08 PM   #14
BlindLemonLars
Conqueroo Brew
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 31

Hello Rusty. Problem is, the specific steps are highly dependent upon the equipment and supplies at your disposal. I could tell you what I do, but unless you've got the same gear, it's not going to be terribly helpful.

Here's a link to a few illustrated all-grain tutorials, which do a great job of explaining the process in great detail. Have a look at them, and see if they don't give you the perspective you're looking for. Perhaps then you'll have some more specific questions, which we'll do our best to answer.

All Grain Tutorials

Old 03-06-2009, 03:45 PM   #15
rustybucket
Recipes 

Link? I don't see?

Old 03-06-2009, 06:46 PM   #16
rustybucket
Recipes 

cool, got the link. Nice tutorials there, that's right along the lines of what I was planning but did get a few nice pointers from looking at the tuts.

Thanks! I'll let you guys know how it turns out! If all the supplies come through I'll mash on Sunday!

Old 03-09-2009, 01:05 PM   #17
rustybucket
Recipes 

Allirght! We have Fermentation!!! YAAYYY!!!

Well my first batch went without a hitch! I started around 8am on Sunday and was all done, pitched and cleaned up by 4pm.

I think this was a great recipe for my first batch, it was straightforward and to the point, Thanks to BlindLemonLars for sharing the recipe with everyone!

I used two cut-out Kegs for the cooking and a large cooler for the mashing/sparging process. I had two cookers going as well. I was really surprised as to how quick everything went. I was fully expecting to be cleaning up in the dark.

Anyways, with 20gals bubbling contently in the primary I can't wait to taste some finished product!

I did have one question though, the 2oz lemon zest.... was that by weight or volume? I kinda split the difference b/c I was unsure.

Old 03-23-2009, 02:22 PM   #18
rustybucket
Recipes 

Bottled up 15gals yesterday!! I'll tell you what... for warm flat beer it didn't taste that bad at all!

Got 5 gals clearing in a carboy to bottle this week one afternoon.

Thanks again for posting the recipe and for the support! I'll let you guys know how it turns out.

Old 03-25-2009, 01:16 AM   #19
MagicLarry
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

wow, amazing how light the beer came out with a quarter pound of crystal 60. Must try, hope to replicate.

Last edited by MagicLarry; 03-25-2009 at 01:31 AM.
bigkorp Likes This 
Old 03-27-2009, 12:54 PM   #20
rustybucket
Recipes 

I know it's only been 5 days since I bottled but for the sake of me being new at this I decided to open one 12oz'r each day and taste/test/sacrifice it. I know patience is a virtue in homebrew but this was more for me to learn what the beer was doing and how it was doing.

Anyways... the first few were VERY flat (as expected) but last night I noticed that there was a good increase of dead yeast cells at the bottom of the bottle. Anyways, threw 1 beer in the fridge yesterday morning and popped it when I got home last night.... ahhh... sweet sweet carbonation.... What a tasty beer!!! Even at this young state.

Anyways, I should note that I primed part of my batch with Clover Honey and the one (three) I drank last night were all from the honey primed part.

I'm looking forward to enjoying a few tall frosty one's this weekend! Thanks again to BlindLemonLars for sharing this recipe!

Quick Reply