Blonde Ale Notattalla bud...light

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevedasleeve

Reaction score
Recipe Type
All Grain
Yeast
S-04
Yeast Starter
nope
Batch Size (Gallons)
Original Gravity
Final Gravity
Boiling Time (Minutes)
IBU
Color
Primary Fermentation (# of Days & Temp)
23 days 64 f
Tasting Notes
Clean, light, balanced, lovely malt character, soft bitterness using mild German hops
This is a truly easy drinking ale somewhere between a blonde and a pilsner. Watch out though it is almost 6% ABV, just like bud light platinum. My guess is that it tastes way better, though I admit I have never had a bud light anything. I love this beer, and so does everyone else.

10 lbs Golden Promise
1/4 lb Vienna
1/4 lb cane sugar

1 oz Northern brewer for 36 IBUs at 60 mins
1 oz each Tettnang @ 20, Hallertauer @ 15, Tettnang @ 10, and Hallertauer @ 5 for the remaining 15 IBUs

Mash at 149 f for 120 mins, boil for 95 mins (I hate that DMS) Ferment cool, I did 64 f for a little over 3 weeks. Cool it down to 32 f for a few days before kegging/bottling so everything drops out and it will be nice and clear after a little lagering. Wow your bud light drinking friends.

IBU of 50, I always thought BL came in around 20 something.. still looks like a good beer

Wow you people are so literal... I was being ironical...

!

Welllllllllllllllllllllll, you posted the recipe in the database (which of course is for proven winners) as a "Bud Light Platinum" which is a commercial lager with 6% ABV. Of course we're literal.

If you didn't mean to post this as a clone of that name brand, if you let me know I can edit some of the post.

Fair enough... I suppose. This *is* a terrific recipe - which is why I posted. All my posted recipes are really good and the rational behind publishing them here is to share the good ones. The notion that it ought to be a clone because of the name never occurred to me!!!

I wonder, should I rename this just in case some poor unsuspecting brewer brews this expecting a bud light platinum and (gasp) doesn't?!

Steve

I am a newby forgive me.. Can I cut this recipe directly in half? I'm single and live in a small place.. Don't have room for big batch stuff. Also.. Wanted to ask if you knew the calorie count on this?

Back