Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > Light Hybrid Beer > All-Grain - Miller Lite (Really Triple Hopped)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2011, 05:09 PM   #301
Schlenkerla
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 94 Times on 72 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Not to mention, posting two different recipes will confuse the heck out people. Especially when questions and comments come up later. Not trying to be a jerk here, just think about it for a minute.

BTW - I am the OP, so I field most of the questions.

BS Nano-Brewery

|Myeast 50327|Easy Hop Oast|Smoked Homebrew|

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2011, 03:37 PM   #302
Valis
Recipes 

So everything went good with the brew & primary.

I moved it to secondary after 10 days, and it's the 4th day since transfer & adding the amylase, but I'm seeing very little to no activity. I thought I read someone saying you might need a blow off at this stage...am I missing something here?

Thanks!

Old 06-30-2011, 05:53 PM   #303
Schlenkerla

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valis View Post
So everything went good with the brew & primary.

I moved it to secondary after 10 days, and it's the 4th day since transfer & adding the amylase, but I'm seeing very little to no activity. I thought I read someone saying you might need a blow off at this stage...am I missing something here?

Thanks!
No, sometimes is very slow going. The carboy will have lots of tiny bubbles coming up but it works very slowly. Watch the airlock.

Also, how low do you think it was to 1.000 when you racked on top of the AE.

My first batch could have used a blow off but I wound up just swapping out the air lock after it simmered down. Since that first time I never had that issue. I think its been more like what you are seeing.

I may have racked it at something like 1.012, early, like on the 6th or 7th day. I generally wait longer so, it tends to be tamer in the secondary. So the yeast has less to do say at 1.005.

BS Nano-Brewery

Old 07-11-2011, 06:31 PM   #304
diatonic
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Oops... wrong thread .

One day I'll pay for a membership and be able to delete posts.

.:diatonic:.

1° - Simple Cider (2/15/2014) - Saison Mead (6/26/2014) - En Perpetuum (Belgian sour base) (7/3/2014)
2° - Nuthin
Aging in a wine barrel - En Perpetuum—Solera (1/23/2011)
Kegs - May the Schwarz-Bier with you (2/9/2014) — Test Depth American Stout (8/29/2013), Big Red Imperial Red IPA (1/19/2014)

My brew rig is pretty much done :)
You should follow me on Twitter - My Brew Logs

Old 07-12-2011, 12:22 AM   #305
Schlenkerla

Recipes 

Well now you have me wondering? What thread were you after.

BS Nano-Brewery

Old 07-12-2011, 01:04 AM   #306
diatonic
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 14

I had meant to post in BierMuncher's Cream of Three Crops thread. This beer is going on my to-do list too. I've needed some beers to please BMC drinkers. This looks like a good one too!

.:diatonic:.

1° - Simple Cider (2/15/2014) - Saison Mead (6/26/2014) - En Perpetuum (Belgian sour base) (7/3/2014)
2° - Nuthin
Aging in a wine barrel - En Perpetuum—Solera (1/23/2011)
Kegs - May the Schwarz-Bier with you (2/9/2014) — Test Depth American Stout (8/29/2013), Big Red Imperial Red IPA (1/19/2014)

My brew rig is pretty much done :)
You should follow me on Twitter - My Brew Logs

Old 07-12-2011, 01:32 AM   #307
RatCity
Recipes 

@Schlenkeria - Got my 2nd batch kegged now, in the cold for a few weeks to carb up and also remove the dried / parched flavor.

Did the first batch with all sorachi ace, and it was *way* too lemon-y. My own fault, had never used the hop before and wanted to get an idea of its flavor. I can see how mixing it with a few others would be a nice balance.

Second batch is an all cascade batch, dryhopped with cascade as well. It's funny, it was such a light color to begin with I think the cascade dryhopping actually turned it GREEN! Might be my eyes playing tricks on me. Tasted it flat, and it's deliciously light, crisp, with a slight hop flavor, no aftertaste, basically the ideal light beer for me - especially since I'm not equipped to lager.

Anyways I will take pics and post an update. Thanks again for the recipe. Economic and a crowd-pleaser to boot.

Old 07-14-2011, 01:53 PM   #308
ugaant
Recipes 

I brewed this yesterday. I added extra 2 row because my efficiency usually stinks. Mashed at 148 for 90. 90 minute boil. 2/3 ounce cascade @ 60. 2/3 ounce cascade at flameout. O.G was high (1.045) due to extra grain and high efficiency with 90 minute mash. US-05.

Old 07-15-2011, 07:03 AM   #309
Schlenkerla

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatCity View Post
@Schlenkeria - Got my 2nd batch kegged now, in the cold for a few weeks to carb up and also remove the dried / parched flavor.

Anyways I will take pics and post an update. Thanks again for the recipe. Economic and a crowd-pleaser to boot.
You are welcome. I'm glad this beer worked out for you. Looking forward to seeing the pictures. If you want try another crowd pleaser try these recipes in my recipe drop down.

Tasmanian Pale Ale

Quaffable Irish Red

House Amber

BS Nano-Brewery

Old 08-12-2011, 03:41 AM   #310
msa8967
mickaweapon
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 72 Times on 59 Posts
Likes Given: 78

Sorry for not reading through all 31 pages of comments (I made it through the first 12) but I have a simple questions on how to use the 1.00 Tsp Amylase Enzyme 14 Days( 2ndary fermenter). I have never used this before and want to know do I disolve this in a small aount of water and add it to the secondary prior to racking or after racking?

Would the addition of 0.25 lbs of Carapils be recommended at all for this type of beer to improve mouthfeel? I have not attempted a light beer like this before.

I would like to make this for a wedding in October and want to know how well would it keep until that time (8 weeks from now).

Also, what should I use if I cannot find American 6 row? There is no LHBS near me (within 70 miles).

Thanks,

Mick Arnett
North Liberty, Iowa
"Beer will change the world. I don't know how, but it will."

Quick Reply