Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > Light Hybrid Beer > All-Grain - Fizzy Yellow Beer

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2011, 10:53 PM   #31
makomachine
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Yooper- Have you ever used Notty with this recipe? Have an extra packet already that I was considering using with this, but a little worried it might dry it out too much. Thoughts?

Upcoming Brews: Surley Furious Clone, Uintah Wyld

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-30-2011, 11:04 PM   #32
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Liked 4248 Times on 3095 Posts
Likes Given: 804

Quote:
Originally Posted by makomachine View Post
Yooper- Have you ever used Notty with this recipe? Have an extra packet already that I was considering using with this, but a little worried it might dry it out too much. Thoughts?
I don't think I have- but I certainly would if I had the notty on hand and wanted to brew this. I really like the lager-like qualities nottingham brings to cool fermentations. I'd ferment it at 60-62 and I think it'd be great!

Old 09-30-2011, 11:16 PM   #33
makomachine
Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooper View Post
I don't think I have- but I certainly would if I had the notty on hand and wanted to brew this. I really like the lager-like qualities nottingham brings to cool fermentations. I'd ferment it at 60-62 and I think it'd be great!
Excellent! Love me some Vienna and this might be the perfect compromise beer to have on tap for the family and I. Will be taking this one on in the next few weeks and will post back with results. Thanks!
Upcoming Brews: Surley Furious Clone, Uintah Wyld

Old 11-22-2011, 10:59 AM   #34
YeasternStar
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Sounds great

A light yellow beer with real character is just what I need to introduce someone to homemade beer. It's hard to get people to try most homebrews what with the prejudices against it, prejudices added to by some tv shows. I remember an episode of a half-hour comedy in which homebrew was reviled as being "bathtub beer". This sounds like a good recipe to aid in the fight against such notions. Thanks!

Gaston Brewing Company
High in the Low Country!

-Brew unto others as you would have them brew unto you-

Introducing AutoBrew

Old 11-22-2011, 01:03 PM   #35
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YeasternStar View Post
A light yellow beer with real character is just what I need to introduce someone to homemade beer. It's hard to get people to try most homebrews what with the prejudices against it, prejudices added to by some tv shows. I remember an episode of a half-hour comedy in which homebrew was reviled as being "bathtub beer". This sounds like a good recipe to aid in the fight against such notions. Thanks!
This beer is even a bit much for my dad, who said my cream ale was "almost as good as MGD", for what it's worth!
Monkey55 Likes This 
Old 11-22-2011, 01:15 PM   #36
CGVT
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 368 Times on 242 Posts
Likes Given: 256

This is a really great beer for those that think that they don't like homebrew. Very tasty. If the grains I orderd show up on time I am going to brew another batch of this Friday.

I plan to keep some on hand all the time and will probably put it on one of my taps when I get my keezer finished.

"Filled with mingled cream and amber I will drain that glass again. Such hilarious visions clamber through the chambers of my brain--Quaintest thoughts--queerest fancies come to life and fade away; Who cares how time advances? I am drinking ale today"-Edgar Alan Poe

My Keezer build: http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/keez...y-turn-340755/

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyTanium View Post
Do what you like, brew what you like. Don't be a tool.

Old 01-06-2012, 07:45 PM   #37
Doed
Route 150 Brewery
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 10

This was my first all grain brew. I choose it because it seemed pretty simple to brew. It is currently in my secondary and will be transferred to keg either this weekend or sometime during the next week.

I brewed this using the BIAB method.

I can hardly wait to give it a taste test.

UPDATE: 1/30/2012 - here it is though the picture from my phone doesn't do it justice. Plus my SWMBO says it is the best tasting beer I have made...so far.

fizzy-yellow-beer-2.jpg  

Last edited by Doed; 01-31-2012 at 07:30 PM. Reason: Added picture

Old 01-24-2012, 12:49 AM   #38
Refly
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Thanks for the recipe Yooper and enderwig - It's meant for a superbowl party so we're trying to please as many as possible. My wife and I did a quick "quality check" when kegging tonight and it's going to be awesome.

We kept to the same recipe except that we added 1/2 pound of white wheat malt and dialed in the water for our equipment. Pretty much hit the numbers you had and it was clear coming out of the primary after 3 weeks and a few days of cold crashing. We used US-05 and went with the 62-63 degrees for fermentation. It was slow, but it did the job.

I'm looking forward to a carbonated & cold sample this weekend. Thanks again!

Old 01-24-2012, 01:13 AM   #39
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Thanks for the nice words!

Bob had the neighbor over the other day as he takes care of our house when we're gone. I've given him a couple of beers over the last couple of years, but he suddenly got very interesting in brewing when seeing my cool electric brewery!

I was thinking that this would be a great beer for us to brew together for his inaugural brew, as it's not intimidating for BMC folks, but still has great flavor. When I get home from Texas, this may be the beer that I do with my neighbor to introduce him to homebrewing.

Old 02-13-2012, 02:36 AM   #40
bcryan
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 4 Posts

my hbs doesnt carry perle. beersmith suggests northern brewer hops as a substitute. is that gonna work? thanks

Quick Reply