Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > Light Hybrid Beer > All-Grain - Cream of Three Crops (Cream Ale)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-14-2010, 01:45 PM   #621
mattjmac
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BierMuncher View Post
You won't know the difference not having brewed it yet. It'll be just fine.
Thanks. Wasn't so mad at myself for screwing up the recipe since this beer's ingredients were dirt cheap...but I was mad that I may have wasted a bunch of time. The 90 minute mash and the 90 minute boil really make for a long brew session. I'll post back once I give it a taste in a couple weeks.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2010, 04:31 PM   #622
brettwasbtd
Awesomeness Award Winnner
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 41 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 69

So I brewed this for my first All-Grain. Got better efficiency than expected (about 82%) and didnt know what my boil off would be since I was using my new 15 gallon pot - looks to be about 1.6 gal/hr...yikes! Ended up with about 5.2 gallons and only did a 75 minute boil. OG came out to 1.052 so definitely a little high. Just took a gravity reading after 14 days in the fermenter and im at 1.008. So I guess I am looking at about 5.7% ABV! Tasted good, though. It appears that this batch has developed the "extended krausen syndrome" as it still has a good half inch left on top. This might be due to the fact that it fermented high, close to 75 degrees. It is sitting at about 67 now... really need to work on better temp control. Plan to wait another week or two before bottling, will update and let everyone know how it goes.

Old 06-16-2010, 02:06 AM   #623
Daddymem
Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 37

How short can this go from primary to bottles? I got some I brewed up on 5/29. If I don't get it this weekend (3 weeks in), I won't get to it for at least two more weeks as I have an operation scheduled and will be incapacitated a bit.

Old 06-16-2010, 02:18 AM   #624
Daddymem
Recipes 

Actually, looks like I worked it out. My assistant will help me bottle it at a little over 4 weeks maybe 5 weeks. Unless someone suggests otherwise.

Old 06-16-2010, 03:37 AM   #625
Shamrock28
Recipes 

Did this receipe using s23, are we looking at the same 14 days prim and then bottle or keg or a different time frame.

Also, if i want to add AE or Gelatin whats the additional secondary time frame i add to it after the 14 day prim?

I know AE and Gelatin serve different purposes, can you add both?

Old 06-16-2010, 09:34 AM   #626
SwampassJ
Recipes 

Liked 37 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 53

Stuff is still sitting in secondary because I haven't had time to bottle. Looks mighty clear.

BLAH BLAH BLAH

Old 06-17-2010, 04:42 AM   #627
Shamrock28
Recipes 

Schlenkerla, i primed this for two weeks, how long did you leave it in the secondary with the AE. Do i take it out of the fridge or leave it in. I used S23 lager yeast with this. Also thinking of adding some gelatin for 4-5 days after the secondary with the AE in it

Old 06-19-2010, 07:26 PM   #628
Daddymem
Recipes 

Racked into two 5 gallon secondaries and one gallon with .75# of cranberries in it today. Gonna try to bottle one or more next weekend depending how I feel after surgery and how much wifey wants to help.

I don't have "hobbies", I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set.

Little House On the Sand Pit on Wordpress
Two If By Sea Brewing (2XC) on Facebook
Facebook BIAB Group
Facebook Southcoast Homebrewers Association
SCHBAMA@gmail.com
Partigyles Gone Wild on Basic Brewing Radio <-Hey, that's me!

Old 06-21-2010, 12:58 AM   #629
jgilbreth
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Forgot to cold crash this, but this was my first time using irish moss and after two weeks in the bottle it's crystal clear. Still really green, but underneath the harshness I think it's going to turn out a great batch. Kept upstairs around 70 for 2 weeks to carbonate, and now it's cooling down to about 60 in the basement. I think this will definitely be one I pass out to try and get a few converts.

Primary: Empty
Secondary: Empty
Bottled: Wheat Pilsner, Oatmeal Stout
Next Up: Orange Blossom Honey Hef

Old 06-21-2010, 07:17 PM   #630
Toivo
Recipes 

Default Should I bottle or not

I have my second batch of Cream of Three Crops in the primary since June 6th. I am going out off town on the 25th through July 3rd. do I bottle Weds the 23rd at day 17 or do I transfer to secondary and wait til I get home on July 3rd to bottle. I am leaning towards racking and waitning. What does anyone else think?

Quick Reply