Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > Light Hybrid Beer > All-Grain - Cream of Three Crops (Cream Ale)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2010, 01:40 PM   #611
SwampassJ
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 37 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 53

Pulled a hydro sample, tastes like a decent beer to me. Little sweeter than I expected though, but it is flat and I'm accustomed to hops but I'm sure this will be my family's favorite.

Started at 1.046 (Did better than I expected) but finished at 1.008. Cold crashing it now and then popping in some gelatin later tonight.

BLAH BLAH BLAH

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2010, 01:13 AM   #612
Selfsufficient
Recipes 

I waited to pass judgment until it was fully aged and properly carbonated. Very nice indeed. My father had a few sips (had to go to church) and told me it was similar to Budweiser only much, much better. KUDOS to OP, to reignite my interest in all grain as I have had some less than optimal results of late.

Old 05-26-2010, 01:56 AM   #613
brettwasbtd
Awesomeness Award Winnner
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 33 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 60

Decided that I'm going to make a half batch of this for my first all grain brew on Memorial day. I tried to go back through the posts, cause I know there was one regarding the 90 min boil, but what was the conclusion on that? Whats does the extra 30 minutes do? The 90 minute mash, makes it dryer correct?

Old 05-29-2010, 06:57 PM   #614
Daddymem
Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Did a 11 gallon batch of this today, AG, BIAB. 1.047 OG. I've done 23# of grain in my bag before and was nothing like this 17# grain bill. That flaked rice and corn sure do absorb water. Glad I planned a separate dunk sparge step in my session. Nailed things today, strike temp, preboil volume postboil volume. A little high on the OG.

Let that mash sit out until after the brew was done, then pitched in 2# of 2 row and .25# of 60L and topped off with 2 gallons of water for 149F mash in a sealed cooler. We'll see what we get on Monday, going for a belgianesque sour with it.

Old 06-01-2010, 10:51 PM   #615
SwampassJ
Recipes 

Liked 37 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 53

Decided not to gelatin it, but after spending over a week in the cold it was still pulling a bit hazy and developed a sweet taste that shouldn't be there. Decided to transfer to a secondary because when I went to move it i stirred up a **** load of yeast and didn't want all of that into the bottles. Just beginning to krausen again. I hope I hit .005 or less.

BLAH BLAH BLAH

Old 06-02-2010, 09:28 PM   #616
GodsStepBrother
Recipes 

Liked 25 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 12

I read this whole thread at work! And i have a question.

I had it fermenting at about 72 degrees to about 78 degrees for the first week while my johnson temperature control unit came in, this is the second week of fermenting and i now have it right at 66 degrees (it is awesome how accurate the johnson is). However can i expect alot of off flavors due to the first week? I had it in a bath of water and interchanged ice to cool, also had the fermenters covered with wet shirts and a fan. I really hop it clears up seeing i made 11.25 gallons, and it is for a bmc drinker friend of mine coming from new jersey.

Old 06-02-2010, 09:48 PM   #617
Lilahblossom
Recipes 

Probably be the best ever due to all that TLC!

Old 06-12-2010, 07:56 AM   #618
mattjmac
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Brewed this today and forgot to add the minute rice after I got the two row and corn from BMW...whoops. Realized it right when I finished sparging. Missed my gravity by a few points but went ahead with the brew anyways. Anybody else make the same mistake before? How'd it turn out? Thanks.

Old 06-12-2010, 11:58 PM   #619
BierMuncher
...My Junk is Ugly...
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 578 Times on 340 Posts
Likes Given: 209

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattjmac View Post
Brewed this today and forgot to add the minute rice after I got the two row and corn from BMW...whoops. Realized it right when I finished sparging. Missed my gravity by a few points but went ahead with the brew anyways. Anybody else make the same mistake before? How'd it turn out? Thanks.
You won't know the difference not having brewed it yet. It'll be just fine.

Check Out My Rolling Kegerator

BierMuncher Tried & Trues:
Tits-Up IIPA (3-Time Medalist), Black Pearl Porter, Kona Pale Ale, Outer Limits IPA, Centennial Blonde (4.0%), Nierra Sevada (SNPA), SWMBO Slayer Belgian Blonde,

Old 06-13-2010, 07:10 AM   #620
philrose
Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by BierMuncher View Post
You won't know the difference not having brewed it yet. It'll be just fine.
word. in fact you might just suck it down faster!
Planning- Witbier

@philthebrewer

Quick Reply