Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > Light Hybrid Beer > All-Grain - Cream of Three Crops (Cream Ale)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2012, 05:51 PM   #1561
caioz1jp
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbdeacon View Post
I've brewed maybe 20 batches of this stuff, and believe me, until you get it into secondary, it's one butt ugly beer.
I am brewing this again this weekend. I will say that after sitting in the keg for another week it has cleared up significantly since my gravity defying picture earlier lol. This time I will use the right amount of hops as the extra bitter doesnt work with such a light tasting beer in my opinion.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2012, 06:21 PM   #1562
jasonclick
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Just brewed this the weekend before last. Will be kegging it Sunday to hopefully be ready for Thanksgiving. I've never kegged before. What pressure should I set for the CO2?

By the way, the photo below is from last night. This is after a day of gelatin. Clear and tastes good.

Old 11-16-2012, 06:26 PM   #1563
mjap52
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonclick View Post
Just brewed this the weekend before last. Will be kegging it Sunday to hopefully be ready for Thanksgiving. I've never kegged before. What pressure should I set for the CO2?

By the way, the photo below is from last night. This is after a day of gelatin. Clear and tastes good.

Once your beer is chilled, turn the gas on for 48 hours at about 30psi at about 40*F. After that, bleed the keg and turn the gas to about 14 psi until thanksgiving.

Try it after 24, 36, 48, and if you're still not up to your desired carb, give it another few hours at the 30 psi, but be careful not to let it sit too long.

Eggertsville Brewhouse: Stealing the livers of suburbanites, one pint at a time!

Old 11-16-2012, 09:28 PM   #1564
caioz1jp
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

Just an update on my first attempt. The first pick was much hazier then it is now. Fir reference i kegged this at 2 weeks originally. Definitly needs at least 3 ill go 4 next time though

forumrunner_20121116_172725.jpg  

Old 11-17-2012, 11:08 AM   #1565
Brewskii
Recipes 

Liked 108 Times on 62 Posts

I brewed this first with Nottingham. I fermented it out and gave it around 14 days total in the carboy. I then bottled it and it was stellar at around the 6 week mark.
I recently re-brewed this with US-05 and although it was bottled a mere 2 weeks ago it has a strong D. Thought I had my temps pretty well under control. I chose to move it out of my ferm freezer at day 3 to make room for 2 brews for a competition.
I suppose my ambient temps in the garage were not in the high 60s like I thought.

Old 11-19-2012, 08:00 PM   #1566
dallasdb
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 53 Times on 43 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Wow this looks awesome. I just brewed a Cream ale (extract) and it didn't clear up nearly that beautifully.

Could be the extract that caused the haze though. All grain next time I brew this for sure!

Old 11-19-2012, 08:07 PM   #1567
Jayhem
Recipes 

Liked 254 Times on 206 Posts
Likes Given: 1156

How are you all getting this beer to clear so well? Cold crash before bottling? Should I use gelatin or Irish Moss? I've made CO3C 4 times now and it is fairly clear but never BMC clear like these last few pics.

Next up: English Pale Ale (ESB)
Primary 1&2: White Zombie (Amarillo IPA)
Primary 3&4: Summer Kolsch
Bottle Conditioning/drinking: Amber Rain (Dry Hopped Amber Ale), SM Belgian Golden Strong

Old 11-19-2012, 08:16 PM   #1568
D_Nyholm
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 66 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonclick View Post

The only way you are going to get it to carb up in 4 days would be to chill it in the fridge, hook it up to 30 psi for 24 to 48 hours, then lower the pressure to 12-14 (depending on how you like it) and release the excess pressure. Start pulling a few pints each night to try it out. If it gets too carbed, you will need to unhook it from the gas and release the pressure in the keg to allow the CO2 to escape. If it isn't carbed enough, just bump the pressure up a little bit for a day and then lower it back down.

In the future, it is much easier to just set the keg in the fridge on 12-14 psi for about 2 weeks and it should be good to go at that point. I usually do it that way and you can get a few pints starting about a week, though they really won't be that carbonated, but still very drinkable

Old 11-19-2012, 11:20 PM   #1569
dallasdb
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 53 Times on 43 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by BierMuncher View Post
Give it a good long 90-minute mash to get a really dry, crisp beer.
Seems like this may be a good candidate for an overnight mash. What do you think?

Old 11-20-2012, 01:56 AM   #1570
Passload

Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasdb

Seems like this may be a good candidate for an overnight mash. What do you think?
I think you would have a sour mash starting

Cheers! J.R.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindLemonLars
Relax, and trust the yeast to do their job, it's the one thing they are really good at!

Zuckerflüsschen Brauend Firma
On Deck: Whatever I Want
Primary: Sugarcreek Amber Ale
Brite Tank:
Aging: Philr-er-up Rockwell
Drinking/Kegged: The Golden Quitty

"It's just like anything else"
"It's not rocket science"

Quick Reply