Blonde

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewSpook

Reaction score
Recipe Type
All Grain
Yeast
S-05
Yeast Starter
no
Batch Size (Gallons)
Original Gravity
Final Gravity
Boiling Time (Minutes)
IBU
Color
Primary Fermentation (# of Days & Temp)
Secondary Fermentation (# of Days & Temp)
Tasting Notes
crisp and light - good for a crowd and small enough to do 10 gallons at a time.
This is an easy blonde that everyone really enjoys. Very easy to brew and comes out nice and clean. Good for SWMBO and BMC drinkers.

9 lbs 2 row
.5lb Carapils
1oz Perle 60 min
.5 Willamette 10 min
1 pkg S-05

I let this one sit in primary for 3 weeks then rack to keg, force carb to 2.5 vol and enjoy!
This one goes quick, especially when the beer pong table is out :)

I have also done this with Irish ale yeast, it turned out really good

I will get a pic up as soon as the latest batch is done, just brewed batch #8 this morning.

I usually mash at around 151 (66C), this batch my RIMs got away from me and I ended up over 157 about 45 minutes into my mash... I think everything should be ok, just an early mashout :) I do this as a no sparge and it works great. 3 hours and 15 minutes start to finish including cleanup

I will get a pic up as soon as the latest batch is done, just brewed batch #8 this morning.

I usually mash at around 151 (66C), this batch my RIMs got away from me and I ended up over 157 about 45 minutes into my mash... I think everything should be ok, just an early mashout :) I do this as a no sparge and it works great. 3 hours and 15 minutes start to finish including cleanup

No sparge?
All the strike water at once?
I've never done that.
Hows efficiency?

Not bad, I usually hit around 75% give or take a point or two. Usually mashing around 152. I have done 150 and it was too thin, 156 and it was too heavy. I've varied the hop additions, not variety though. My favorite is how its listed.

Very simple, quick, tasty. I add this as a second brew on days when I am not time constricted. I can brew a batch early and do this while I've got a batch boiling. Keeps the wife happy.

The no sparge has become my staple technique here now. It's just too easy, I don't have to worry about sparge water and temps... I just set my rims box and let it go 45 min, then set it for mashout and let it go another 15-20 then drain to the kettle. comes out nice and clear.

Latest posts

Back