Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > Bock > All-Grain - Traditional Bock

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2011, 06:06 AM   #21
hatfieldenator
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I bottled a case if this beer this weekend and started "tasting" it last night...All I can say is WOW! This is an excellent Bock! Just in time for Cincinnati's bockfest weekend the first weekend in March, I can't wait to share this with everybody. I wish I would have made more than just 5 gallons.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2011, 12:22 PM   #22
shadows69
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I have everything to make this just waiting for a primary to open up. Going to use calf lager yeast.

Old 11-27-2011, 04:53 PM   #23
jtupper
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Anyone got a pic of this in a glass? I'd sure love to see it! Got a helles and a German pils goin right now but this might be next!

HOMEBREW'

www.CulverCreek.com
Gourmet Spices, Herbs, and Seasoning Blends

Old 01-24-2012, 01:44 AM   #24
imrook
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

I brewed up a batch of this over the weekend. Made a few mistakes. I missed the fact that it's supposed to be a 90 minute boil. I got an O.G. of 1.058 mostly because of the shortened boil. Had to sub Tettnang for the Hallertau as my LHBS was out. I also went with Wyeast 2112 as I can't ferment at 48 F and I plan on doing an actual steam beer later this winter.

I have a question about the IBUs. I used pellets instead of whole hops and my AA levels were slightly different from the recipe (but not much.) I put the hops in the Hopville calculator http://beercalculus.hopville.com/recipe and get 34.8 IBUs. Even with leaf hops and the AA levels from the recipe here, I'm way over 26 IBUs. So my question is how was this number reached? I assume it has a lot to do with the first wort hop calculation, but that's just a guess. It's not going to be the award winning beer it should be, but I'm still excited to see how it turns out. Leaves me plenty of room for improvement

Quick Reply