Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > Pilsner > Extract - German Pilsner Ale

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2012, 12:40 AM   #31
pwortiz
Strong Hand Brewing Co.
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 29 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Gosh darnit! Batch #5....1.054 @ 80* and today, at racking, 1.008@ 65 (8 days in primary). So I'm at 6.4%. I used 5lb even of Light DME but I didn't expect it to hit that SG. I love this beer but I can't seem to nail down the gravity on a consistent basis. Taste is pretty stable and I've always used US-05. I gotta figure this out. Still, one of my favorites and one of my first ever brews.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2012, 09:28 PM   #32
bizarrojosh
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Hot damn, this is a great beer! I did a dry hop with some left over noble hops and now I call this my German Pale Ale. The original recipe is fantastic and this is now on my keeper list (this makes number 4 out of about 20). So if I want a noble pale ale or if I just want a German Pilsner Ale this is my go to recipe! Thanks for sharing.

Old 12-21-2012, 12:55 PM   #33
pwortiz
Strong Hand Brewing Co.
Recipes 

Liked 29 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarrojosh View Post
Hot damn, this is a great beer! I did a dry hop with some left over noble hops and now I call this my German Pale Ale. The original recipe is fantastic and this is now on my keeper list (this makes number 4 out of about 20). So if I want a noble pale ale or if I just want a German Pilsner Ale this is my go to recipe! Thanks for sharing.
It IS a great beer! I have made this my unofficial house brew....again, I'm still having trouble stabilizing the gravity, though. I follow, in general, the original recipe but the last ounce of hops (.5 of each) I add to the primary just before sealing it. So I basically dry hop in the primary for the 7 days.

To be honest, I wasn't sure if that was the OP's intent based on the directions where he said he adds to the wort...when I transfer normally, I use a strainer/filter and catch most of the hops in that process.

Quick Reply