Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > Pilsner > All-Grain - Cat's **** "Bitburger" - Premium Pilsner

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2014, 07:31 PM   #51
rebrandsoftware
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

It turns out all the gunk in the beer was not a bad omen. I tried a sample today after one day on gas and it's FANTASTIC. I love it when a beer is this good before it's even carbed.

Going to pitch a Schwarzbier on top of this yeast and see how it turns out.

I will definitely be making this again.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2014, 07:52 PM   #52
Grimleiv
Recipes 

I've read some here, and got some ideas for you. I've made this one once. Its' good, but needs a Starter as said in recip. I used 3L starter, made 3L 1042OV starter 1 day before brewing.

Then i put it in fermenter With the beer. From ther it goes into freezer Witch i have ext temp Control. Set it at 10 degrees celsius for 14 days, then slowly Down to 2 degrees celsius over NeXT 4 weeks. Ended up 1010OV(from 1054OV).

Earlyer i've made some lager, but always had problem getting them Down to a tasty OV. Often they stop around 1015OV witch is a bit sweet for the lager. So make a big starter and use stir plate if you have. Helps a lot.

Anyway, i like my lager 100% Clear.. and that is easy to do. Chill the beer to 0 degrees celsius. Then boil up a cup of water, put in a tespoon of Gelatine and add to the beer wile you stir it. Close, remove air from keg With co2, then wait 2 days.. And you got 100% Clear beer.. ofc the first half liter you need to throw away Then serve Your friends and be proud. I do this With all my beer, and the taste is a LOT better when its Clear. But then again some like the taste a some yeast rest. So do what you prefeer.

Good Luck, looking forward to see some more feedback here.

Old 04-12-2014, 12:10 AM   #53
Bigbeavk
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 29 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 29

Just kegged a batch last week! Reused half the yeast cake for a Vienna Lager. I used S-23 this time but I can all ready tell I liked the WLP-800 better. I'll be brewing this again once the Vienna Lager is done.

Old 06-04-2014, 10:52 AM   #54
tenten
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Amazing recipe.The only thing it needs more in my opinion is a small boost of aroma hops in the end of the boil.Many greeting from Corfu Greece imageuploadedbyhome-brew1401879126.251624.jpgimageuploadedbyhome-brew1401879152.243972.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Old 06-05-2014, 01:36 PM   #55
CHunter
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

If you really want to mimick the water for a German lager, it would be best to use distilled water. Tap water will work and most people would not notice the difference but I insist on using 2.5 gallon jugs of distilled water for German lager.

Old 06-19-2014, 02:07 AM   #56
H0meBrew77
Recipes 

Just finishing up the carb in the corny keg. I wanted a really nice drinkable beer for the summer and this came out really good. Good taste. I bought several pils to taste before hand and this one comes close to one my favorites.

This is only my second all grain and I can say I am becoming a fan of lagering. Thanks for the recipe.

Old 06-29-2014, 11:49 PM   #57
Bigbeavk
Recipes 

Brewed batch#3 today. Now the wait begins. LOL

Next Brews : Bitburger
Fermenting :
Kegged : Bitburger and Vienna Lager
Bottled : Rye IPA, Freedom Beer- made with whatever we wanted because we are free to do so ;-), Arrogant Bastard Clone, Centennial Blonde Ale, Black IPA, Imperial Vanilla Porter, Amber Ale, Flying Dog Marzan, Cherry Mead, JAOM, Mixed Berry Mead, Raspberry Mead

funnycreature Likes This 
Old 07-27-2014, 01:02 PM   #58
Bigbeavk
Recipes 

Brewed batch#4 today. Kegging Batch#3

I promise I won't run out of this again!

Next Brews : Bitburger
Fermenting :
Kegged : Bitburger and Vienna Lager
Bottled : Rye IPA, Freedom Beer- made with whatever we wanted because we are free to do so ;-), Arrogant Bastard Clone, Centennial Blonde Ale, Black IPA, Imperial Vanilla Porter, Amber Ale, Flying Dog Marzan, Cherry Mead, JAOM, Mixed Berry Mead, Raspberry Mead

Quick Reply