Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > Pilsner > All-Grain - Cat's **** "Bitburger" - Premium Pilsner

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2013, 10:51 PM   #41
YeastieBoys
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by YeastieBoys
My advicw would be to add some irish moss or a whirfloc tablet into your boil next time. You can use gelatin to help clarify your beer before you start lagering next time. I would stay away.from straining your beer next time. You don't want to oxygenate your beer doing this.
Anyone brew this lately? I'm doing it right now, but scaled down the base malt to 15 lbs for a 10 gallon batch. I upped the catapults to a lb for a little more body and head.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-29-2013, 12:50 AM   #42
Bigbeavk
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 44 Times on 38 Posts
Likes Given: 49

I'm ready to bottle my batch. Do I need to add yeast to bottle condition or will the lager yeast still be able to work once its warmed up?

Old 11-07-2013, 11:12 PM   #43
YeastieBoys
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

You should be good without adding the yeast. There should be enough yeast in suspension to bottle condition. Make sure you wait 3 weeks or so before putting into the fridge to lager it out.

Old 11-14-2013, 02:56 PM   #44
Bigbeavk
Recipes 

Luckily I scored some cornies off craigslist and kegged the batch. Man I like this one! If I can keep out of it till the holidays I will have some very happy guests.

Old 11-14-2013, 03:26 PM   #45
MollyHatchet
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbeavk
Luckily I scored some cornies off craigslist and kegged the batch. Man I like this one! If I can keep out of it till the holidays I will have some very happy guests.
Sweet deal, I was lucky and had 15 cornies given to me. I just bought a 1.32gal mini keg of Bitburger, and was thinking of getting another and toss it in a keg to get my fix until I can get this one brewed. Let us know how it turns out!

Old 12-20-2013, 06:21 PM   #46
CHunter
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Man, Mutilated is right! This recipe IS The Cats Tits!!! It really is a "guzzler." I made it a few months ago but omitted the Carapils as an option instructed by the author. It is the kind you could literally gulp several times if you are thirsty. Most people who tried this said it was the best beer they's ever had. So good. Clean, crisp, no fruity esthers or sweetness. This is my favorite beer and I just ordered a 55lbs sack of Weyermann Pilsner Malt because I intend to make ALOT.

CHunter

Old 01-09-2014, 04:43 PM   #47
Bigbeavk
Recipes 

+1 on it being a delicious guzzler! Side by side with a real Bitburger this recipe has a little more of a citrus/lemony taste. I think I like this recipe much better. Color is just a hint more on the yellow/golden side. I can't wait to brew more of this one. Awesome recipe and everyone that has tasted it loved it! I think I'm gonna have to savor the last gallon for my self and of course my son.

BTW I did fill a couple Grolsch bottles and added one carb drop to each. It carbed just fine at room temp for 4 weeks.

Last edited by Bigbeavk; 01-20-2014 at 11:36 AM. Reason: Added bottling comment.
CHunter Likes This 
Old 02-10-2014, 05:03 AM   #48
rebrandsoftware
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbeavk View Post
Is it normal to have a bunch of tan looking material floating around in the boil? I tried to sift most of it out but it still has alot in it.
Maybe someone else has answered you, I haven't read the whole thread yet, but I brewed this today and had the same experience: lots of clumpy protein-looking-stuff floating around, some of it collecting into goopy balls.

Pretty gross looking so I just siphoned around it for the most part and left it in the kettle.

I think it might have something to do with the extra long mash, just a guess, though.

-Mike

Old 02-11-2014, 06:34 PM   #49
CHunter
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

That material was in mine too. I think it is somewhat unavoidable. It will all settle during the lagering period and you will end up with a nice, clear beer by the end. Just be careful not to stir it up when you siphon out for bottling.

Old 02-22-2014, 12:40 PM   #50
Bigbeavk
Recipes 

Brewing this one again today!

Quick Reply