Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > Light Lager > Multiple - Münchner Helles

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2012, 08:32 AM   #21
mmccurdy
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubes View Post
Is this the same style as Hacker Pschorr Munich Gold? That is one of my favourite beers and I'd love to be able to make something close to it.
x2... I'm all for Reinheitsgebot as much as the next guy, but more than that I'm after that super-crisp helles that's poured off the wooden keg in their gastropub in München. I'm definitely not above using wheat, etc. if the homebrew elite tell me it's the way to go. What's the verdict on this one?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2012, 10:03 PM   #22
YeastieBoys
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

I have this recipe going right now with the SF lager yeaat. Been fermenting for almost 2 weeks at 60 degrees. I plan on doing another batch in a week with the same yeast. I'm getting a lot of sulfur after 11 days. I'll probably lager right from the secondary in a couple of days. Has anyone else used the SF yeast?

Old 04-02-2013, 01:14 AM   #23
jdgapc
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by YeastieBoys
I have this recipe going right now with the SF lager yeaat. Been fermenting for almost 2 weeks at 60 degrees. I plan on doing another batch in a week with the same yeast. I'm getting a lot of sulfur after 11 days. I'll probably lager right from the secondary in a couple of days. Has anyone else used the SF yeast?
Any update on how the San transistors yeast tired out?

Old 04-02-2013, 01:15 AM   #24
jdgapc
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Any update on how the sf yeast turned out?

Old 05-24-2013, 10:21 PM   #25
YeastieBoys
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdgapc

Any update on how the sf yeast turned out?
I wouldn't use the SF yeast for a Helles. I made an awesome Helles using wl German lager. I would definitely use that, not the SF.

Old 05-24-2013, 11:04 PM   #26
jdgapc
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:

I wouldn't use the SF yeast for a Helles. I made an awesome Helles using wl German lager. I would definitely use that, not the SF.
Good to know thanks!

Quick Reply