I'll try to give more detail guys. I have a RIMS system. It will differ from a step mash obviously. This is the mash & boil process:
1. Put water in HLT and start to heat upto 168F.
2. Put water in Mash Tun. Start circulating and set temp to 131F.
3. Crush grain except corn.
4. Stop MT pump. Throw in grain (and corn). I also throw in some rice hulls with every batch. Add water if needed to achieve a somewhat soupy mash.
5. Vorlauf. When done, start MT pump and maintain 131F for 15 min.
6. Ramp to 150F for 60 minutes.
7. Ramp to 160F for 15 minutes.
8. Ramp to 168F.
9. Sparge from HLT onto Boil Kettle. Add FWH to boil kettle.
10. Bring to boil. Boil for 30 minutes and add 60 minutes hops.
11. Boil for 45 minutes and add 15 minute hops.
12. Boil for 5 minutes and add yeast nutrient.
13. Boil 10 minutes, then chill wort.
14. Drain (rack) to primary.
Mead Lane Brewing
The liver is evil and must be punished