The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Food and Beverage > Cooking & Pairing > Yeti RIS "vertical" tonight - pairings?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2012, 01:49 PM   #1
whatsleftofyou
Third Eye Pried Wide
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default Yeti RIS "vertical" tonight - pairings?

Tonight I'm having a few friends over to do a sort of Great Divide Yeti RIS vertical. We'll be having:

Yeti RIS 2008
Yeti Chocolate Oak-aged 2010
Yeti Espresso Oak-aged 2010
Yeti Belgian 2011

I'd like to have a couple of simple snacks to go along with this, but most of what I'm coming up with are desserts. Also cooking with these is not an option since I only have a bomber of each (although I do have other stouts I could use). I did pick up a few chocolates but that's all I've got. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

On Tap: Orange Chocolate Stout, Belgian Wit, Chocolate Rye Ale, Belgian Singel, American Pale Ale
Bottled: PB&J Sweet Stout, Belgian Saison, Brown Porter

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2012, 04:21 AM   #2
Homebrewtastic
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 24 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatsleftofyou
Tonight I'm having a few friends over to do a sort of Great Divide Yeti RIS vertical. We'll be having:

Yeti RIS 2008
Yeti Chocolate Oak-aged 2010
Yeti Espresso Oak-aged 2010
Yeti Belgian 2011

I'd like to have a couple of simple snacks to go along with this, but most of what I'm coming up with are desserts. Also cooking with these is not an option since I only have a bomber of each (although I do have other stouts I could use). I did pick up a few chocolates but that's all I've got. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Boozy beers hold up to fat really well. Spicy crispy pork belly works well against a sweeter beer that also has warm alcohol. The booze will cut the fat off the tongue and the sweet will balance the spice.
Bottled: Epik Barleywine, Chocolate Chili Pumpkin Porter, EKG Amber
Adventures in Zymurgy - Homebrewing and Sour Beer Blog

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply