Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Food and Beverage > Cooking & Pairing > Yeast raised waffles

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2012, 08:27 PM   #21
bierhaus15
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 71 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evets View Post
One day last week I made the waffles with the recipe in this thread. They turned out great! But I only told you that to tell you this. I had a little batter left over, so I used it to raise a batch of sicilian pizza dough, which also turned out great!
Hold on, time out. From your avatar, it looks like you have a wood fired bread oven? And I assume you made this pizza in that? Just how are we supposed to do compete with that... no matter how great my dough turns out, my pathetic oven cant make something nearly as good as looking what comes out of that!

Seriously, pizza looks freaking a-mazing! Very jealous.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2012, 09:10 PM   #22
Evets
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 140 Times on 71 Posts
Likes Given: 88

Well sure, I have a wood-fired pizza oven. You mean, you don't? Really? Just kidding. I know, I'm lucky. But I built it 100% by myself, so is it really luck?
Anyway, no. These pies were baked in my ordinary everyday electric kitchen oven. It's not a competition. Anybody can do this. After all; it's only pizza; how hard can it be?

Old 09-23-2012, 04:47 PM   #23
SharonaZamboni
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 1377 Times on 1276 Posts
Likes Given: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evets View Post
Sort of but sort of not.
One day last week I made the waffles with the recipe in this thread. They turned out great! But I only told you that to tell you this. I had a little batter left over, so I used it to raise a batch of sicilian pizza dough, which also turned out great!
AAGGHHH! You're killing me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bierhaus15 View Post
Hold on, time out. From your avatar, it looks like you have a wood fired bread oven? And I assume you made this pizza in that? Just how are we supposed to do compete with that... no matter how great my dough turns out, my pathetic oven cant make something nearly as good as looking what comes out of that!

Seriously, pizza looks freaking a-mazing! Very jealous.
Someday, I may make my own. Someday.

And you know darn well that an indoor oven is no way gonna make that pizza.

Oh, so you're just gonna sit there drinkin beer from your keg, sh!ttin in the kitchen sink, and watching him work -Xaphoeous

I McDrunko and this beer is Amazing!- McBrewskie

Old 09-23-2012, 05:03 PM   #24
bottlebomber
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2642 Times on 2068 Posts
Likes Given: 293

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonaZamboni
AAGGHHH! You're killing me!

Someday, I may make my own. Someday.

And you know darn well that an indoor oven is no way gonna make that pizza.
Nah, you can make some pretty darn good pizza indoors, on a stone, under the broiler
image-2469289252.jpg  

Old 09-23-2012, 09:11 PM   #25
RoughandReadyRanch
Recipes 

Liked 60 Times on 49 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottlebomber View Post
Nah, you can make some pretty darn good pizza indoors, on a stone, under the broiler
I set my oven to 550'F and let the stone heat for an hour. You set the broiler? Wont that cause the temp fluctuation causing the stone to crack?

Old 09-23-2012, 11:07 PM   #26
bottlebomber
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoughandReadyRanch

I set my oven to 550'F and let the stone heat for an hour. You set the broiler? Wont that cause the temp fluctuation causing the stone to crack?
I preheat to 550, cold stone in a cold oven with the rack one down from the top. Then when it's time to start slinging pies I put on the broiler(gas) and start moving them through. It takes about 6 minutes for one 10" pizza to cook. One of my favorite things to do is crack an egg on the pizza 2 minutes before its done. Don't knock it till you've tried it.

Old 09-24-2012, 03:30 AM   #27
RoughandReadyRanch
Recipes 

Quote:
I preheat to 550, cold stone in a cold oven with the rack one down from the top. Then when it's time to start slinging pies I put on the broiler(gas) and start moving them through. It takes about 6 minutes for one 10" pizza to cook. One of my favorite things to do is crack an egg on the pizza 2 minutes before its done. Don't knock it till you've tried it.
No knockin here. Sounds tasty. I am running on electric though but I guess it would work the same. The element is at the top so it would be pretty direct on the stone. Going to build the cob oven outside next March. That is the dream.

Old 09-24-2012, 04:13 AM   #28
bottlebomber
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoughandReadyRanch

No knockin here. Sounds tasty. I am running on electric though but I guess it would work the same. The element is at the top so it would be pretty direct on the stone. Going to build the cob oven outside next March. That is the dream.
I think electric ovens are better.. It's just the stove that was in the house we bought 2 years ago, going to do a few things before replacing. I want to do a pizza oven build as well. Funny, my friend and I were just taking about that today. He was thinking about making an oven and pouring concrete around a beach ball to get the dome I told him he should look on the web for some plans first. Cob you say? This is the egg pizza.. Gosh I want some now.
image-2332461673.jpg  

Old 09-24-2012, 04:48 AM   #29
dwarven_stout
Recipes 

Liked 34 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastAndy View Post
By far the finest waffle known to man.
Sounds decent. But if you're not adding sugar pearls to your yeast waffle dough, then you aren't making the finest waffle known to man. Gaufre de Liege are the be-all, end-all.

"I can't believe how many people think Air Lock is pronounced Hydrometer." -BigKahuna
"If you gave me a beer with placenta in it without telling me I would kick you in the nuts." -ODaniel
"We be in a big hurry for dope beer with much alcamahol and flavor, quality, balance, and aroma don't matter. We just wantz to be druck, u know?" -Yooper

Old 09-24-2012, 04:56 AM   #30
RoughandReadyRanch
Recipes 

Quote:
I think electric ovens are better.. It's just the stove that was in the house we bought 2 years ago, going to do a few things before replacing. I want to do a pizza oven build as well. Funny, my friend and I were just taking about that today. He was thinking about making an oven and pouring concrete around a beach ball to get the dome I told him he should look on the web for some plans first. Cob you say? This is the egg pizza.. Gosh I want some now.
Basically a hippy oven. Buy firebrick for the base or just use the cob if you are really poor. Basically clay/sand/straw mixture like adobe. You lay your base. Build a sand dome lined with newspaper(the paper is so you don't dig out the cob on accident really. First layer is straight sand and clay mix. Second Layer is insulation with straw sad and clay mixed. Final layer is just sand and clay again. You need a big tarp and a fun day of stomping in clay then you form the bricks and make a dome. It dries and you have a bread/pizza oven for under $100 instead of over $3K. Just google cob oven. It is my dream on a budget until I can afford a Fornobravo or something of that sort.

Quick Reply