Wood Burning Masonry (Pizza) Oven

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arturo7

Reaction score
I am considering the construction of a wood burning oven for the back yard.

Does anyone have experience with one of these?

Orf,

I've seen a few sights, but the more the merrier. I'd appreciate any links you think may be worthwhile.

Everything I've seen calls out fire-brick or fire-concrete. The clay thing is interesting. I do have a source.

I am considering the construction of a wood burning oven for the back yard.

Does anyone have experience with one of these?
.lot l of fun... PM for more info and pics

Attachments

• 1376249281608.jpg
    1376249281608.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 155
Wow that is gorgeous! Will you share more pics/info here? I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who would love to see it!
Going down the pizza hole is another hobby of mine,the oven is part of the outdoor kitchen build,the gas grill that is at the other end is for food grilling and coffee roasting...the oven is used for burning tree limbs in the yard...the ash goes into the garden

Building the oven was fun. As I looked at pics of ovens and went with the 16 inch peel that is used....two fire brick wide/ length...that is the opening you see...

Wow that is gorgeous! Will you share more pics/info here? I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who would love to see it!
Oven is built around the 16inch peel..that is the size pies ...the oven gets packed with tree limbs ..when ready for pizza will light up and most days will be ready 2 hrs..

Back