The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Food and Beverage > Cooking & Pairing > Tode in the hole.

View Poll Results: Do you eat tode in the hole
WFT? 13 54.17%
Hell Yeh! all the time. 10 41.67%
Only with carrot wine? 0 0%
I'm a member of the TLA....Toad Liberation Army. 1 4.17%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2007, 02:15 PM   #21
david_42
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
david_42's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Willamina & Oak Grove, Oregon, USA
Posts: 25,648
Liked 131 Times on 124 Posts

Default

Haggis = meatloaf made from what the dogs won't eat.

...

They don't drink beer either. Take it as you will. Americans aren't into organ meats. My introduction was a plate of sweetbreads in an "authentic" English pub. I've had haggis; tastes like porcupine meatballs.

__________________

Remember one unassailable statistic, as explained by the late, great George Carlin: "Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!"

"I would like to die on Mars, just not on impact." Elon Musk

david_42 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2007, 02:23 PM   #22
Orfy
For the love of beer!
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Orfy's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Cheshire, England
Posts: 11,853
Liked 68 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 30

Default

Put it this way.

When I eat haggis I know what goes in it.
The average meat pie or sausage has stuff in it that doesn't go into haggis.

Haggis and black pudding used to be made from leftovers and therefore was a cheap food for the poor.
But after it fell out of popularity it was only made as a delicacy and ironically now means that it is usually made with the best ingredients and the greatest of care.

More than can be said for cheap burgers, sausage and pies.

Orfy is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2007, 03:10 PM   #23
Cheesefood
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Poo-Poo Land
Posts: 6,809
Liked 27 Times on 18 Posts

Default

Ewww...

This thread is gross. I'll stick to good old American food, like

.
__________________
Past Winners: Caramel Cream Ale #1, Hoegaarden Clone, Boom-Boom Vanilla Ale, Lazy Monk Abbey Style, Amarillo Cream Ale. (AG),

Buy a shirt now!!! Please! Did I help you? Buya shirt!
Cool Shirts.


Cheesefood is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2007, 04:26 PM   #24
DesertBrew
You're not my type
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
DesertBrew's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Twin Cities, MN
Posts: 5,447
Liked 76 Times on 72 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Default

LMAO Cheese. My father in law used to work at some place that he had to visit the oscar mayer plant in Madison. He vowed never to consume a hot dog again.

__________________
DesertBrew is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2007, 04:51 PM   #25
zoebisch01
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
zoebisch01's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Central PA
Posts: 5,198
Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertBrew
LMAO Cheese. My father in law used to work at some place that he had to visit the oscar mayer plant in Madison. He vowed never to consume a hot dog again.

Haha. Man, that's why I make my hotdogs at home. My SIL didn't want to eat them 'cause I added Nitrate. She doesn't understand that is what keeps you from getting Botulism among other things. Plus gray hot dogs don't look all that nice Interestingly enough much of our Spinach and Celery contain more Nitrate per lb. than lunchmeats.
__________________
Event Horizon ~ A tribute to the miracle of fermentation.

Brew what you like. Do this, and you will find your inner brewer.
zoebisch01 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2007, 07:13 PM   #26
Orfy
For the love of beer!
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Orfy's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Cheshire, England
Posts: 11,853
Liked 68 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 30

Default

I sometimes get weak and pick up a pack of sausages from the supermarket. A quick look at the 35% meat content soon has me putting them back. What the frig is the other 65%?

__________________
GET THE GOBLIN
Have a beer on me.
Orfy is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2007, 07:34 PM   #27
zoebisch01
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
zoebisch01's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Central PA
Posts: 5,198
Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by orfy
I sometimes get weak and pick up a pack of sausages from the supermarket. A quick look at the 35% meat content soon has me putting them back. What the frig is the other 65%?

I think it is explained well in the hot dog video above
__________________
Event Horizon ~ A tribute to the miracle of fermentation.

Brew what you like. Do this, and you will find your inner brewer.
zoebisch01 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2007, 12:41 PM   #28
Fire_travels
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Fire_travels's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Central, Wisconsin
Posts: 214
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

I thought that was just a food my mother made up when I was a kid... no Ideal it was real....Homebrewing in more than a hobbie it an education!

__________________
Fire_travels is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply


Quick Reply
Message:
Options
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hole in my Concrete....LOL alz28 General Beer Discussion 7 10-22-2009 04:42 PM
Hole in Keg gtn80 Bottling/Kegging 2 02-23-2009 02:37 PM
Hole in One! PurdyGood General Chit Chat 23 04-02-2008 05:26 PM
WTF 13/16 hole saw.. aekdbbop Equipment/Sanitation 23 09-19-2007 05:42 PM
Keg With Existing Hole? wwest Equipment/Sanitation 3 08-17-2007 04:33 AM