Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Food and Beverage > Cooking & Pairing > Taylor Ham and Cheese

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2012, 05:45 PM   #31
CreamyGoodness
Grows On You Like Yeast
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1667 Times on 1165 Posts
Likes Given: 2838

Oh, speaking of specialty offal meats, I tried making liver mush a few weeks ago. I was saddened when I realized I didnt like it :-(

You are more likely to have a threesome with members of the Japanese women's curling team whilst spinning a plate on your head than you are likely to screw up a batch of JAOM.

YES, WE HAVE TRIED OTHER YEASTS! USE BREAD YEAST FOR JAOM!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2012, 12:55 AM   #32
spearko520
Recipes 

Liked 55 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 210

hatfield makes pretty good pork roll- but taylor is the king. THE&C w SPK is the best breakfast... all wrapped in foil and hot and gooey. Also - i thought the "coney" hot dogs from upstate are different from "coney island" dogs from michigan. They are not all beef (i think pork, beef and veal) are unsmoked and cured, and have a clear casing - they are white and are also called "white hots". i don't think they came from Michigan, but from the german settlers in the area. does anyone else have more skinny on the conies from the 'cuse?

"i like to drink. I do it all the time, every day."- anthony jeselnik

Old 04-24-2012, 02:59 AM   #33
JonW
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 101 Times on 62 Posts
Likes Given: 40

My MIL (from NJ) has been staying with us for the last few weeks. Just before she arrived, I ordered a couple of Taylor hams so we could have T/H & cheese sandwiches.

Tonight, I get home from work and my wife was cooking a tri-tip on the grill and my MIL was in the kitchen making Taylor ham and green beans! (olive oil, garlic cloves, green beans & diced Taylor ham).

Holy crap! This was good! She said she's never made it before, but knew I liked green beens w/ bacon, so she thought she'd try the Taylor ham.

taylorham_greenbeans.jpg

My Single Tier, 3 Pump, BCS-462, Brutus Build: http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/sing...ed-rig-204705/
My customized BCS-462 controller web interface: http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/hack...s-done-209388/
My 8 tap, 11 keg, upright Keezer build: http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/upri...1-kegs-371438/

Quick Reply