The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Food and Beverage > Cooking & Pairing > St. Louis Style Ribs

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2007, 11:35 PM   #11
Chriso
Broken Robot Brewing Co.
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Chriso's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Someplace, Nebraska
Posts: 4,714
Liked 72 Times on 63 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Default

It figures that the only place in town is at the FAR south end, and I'm way North. I checked their website but they don't even list Eggs on there. So I'm guessing they special-order them anyways. Rare that stores in Lincoln keep anything "odd" like that in stock. We just like mass-marketed products - Yay Webers and Char-broils!

__________________
BROKEN ROBOT BREWING CO.

Chriso || SMaSH Brewers, Unite! || Nebraska Brewers! || Lincoln Lagers Brew Club
"You have just experienced the paradigm shift that is....all grain brewing." - BierMuncher
Chriso is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2007, 11:40 PM   #12
John Beere
Deep Six Brewing Co.
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
John Beere's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Valdosta, GA
Posts: 2,140
Liked 33 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default

For clarification - yeah, they are expensive. I'm guessing between $300~$500 for the large (what I'm after). But I can't find a single person who has buyer's remorse...

John Beere is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2007, 11:41 PM   #13
Brakeman_Brewing
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 955
Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts

Default

The few places around here that sell the large ones are from $650-700. Plenty worth it I would say. I REALLY want one.

__________________
Brakeman_Brewing is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2007, 11:44 PM   #14
John Beere
Deep Six Brewing Co.
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
John Beere's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Valdosta, GA
Posts: 2,140
Liked 33 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default

Damn I was off on the price but it doesn't matter - I'll have mine tomorrow - like I said, hell or highwater...

John Beere is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2007, 11:48 PM   #15
Brakeman_Brewing
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 955
Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Beere
Damn I was off on the price but it doesn't matter - I'll have mine tomorrow - like I said, hell or highwater...
Thats dedication.
__________________
Brakeman_Brewing is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2007, 12:34 AM   #16
SuperiorBrew
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Ashland, WI
Posts: 1,693
Liked 25 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

Tapping foot waiting for the finished rib pics...........

__________________
Rich
SuperiorBrew is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2007, 12:53 AM   #17
EdWort
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
EdWort's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bee Cave, Texas
Posts: 11,968
Liked 251 Times on 135 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Default

Ahh, them ribs were good. Sorry it took so long. We had to finish dinner (German MIL made Nockerle too) and then I had to start a 2.5 gallon batch of Federweisser/Neuwein before I could upload these pics.

Ribs on the egg, direct after an hour in foil.



On the board before being devoured. A cleaver is the best way to cut ribs.



Total cook time 5 hours. They lasted less than 15 minutes.

__________________

Cheers,

EdWort

Haus Pale Ale, Bavarian Hefeweizen, Robust Porter, Oktoberfest Ale, Wounded Knee IPA, Rye IPA, BCB IPA, Kolsch, Apfelwein

EdWort is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2007, 01:01 AM   #18
FatDuc
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
FatDuc's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Leland, NC
Posts: 1,624
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

EdWort,
Do those eggs give you an option to cook indirectly? Have you tried any Indian, like Tandoor recipes on it?

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by olllllo View Post
Every brewer here would tuck in his junk to have this opportunity.
Quote:
A child-like man is not a man whose development has been arrested; on the contrary, he is a man who has given himself a chance of continuing to develop long after most adults have muffled themselves in the cocoon of middle-aged habit and convention. Aldous Huxley
Fat Duc Brewing
Special Character cheatsheets
FatDuc is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2007, 01:13 AM   #19
EdWort
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
EdWort's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bee Cave, Texas
Posts: 11,968
Liked 251 Times on 135 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma2brew
EdWort,
Do those eggs give you an option to cook indirectly? Have you tried any Indian, like Tandoor recipes on it?
Oh yeah, these ribs were cooked indirectly. I have a 14 inch pizza stone down in there below the drip pan. I've done tandori chicken on the egg many times. You can cook direct just above the hot coals, or up in the dome, and indirect for low & slow cooks like brisket, pulled pork & ribs. I also bake bread on it as well as pizza. It's pretty versatile for a grill/smoker and it's the only one that can sear a steak at 700+ degrees. The lifetime warranty is hard to beat too.
__________________

Cheers,

EdWort

Haus Pale Ale, Bavarian Hefeweizen, Robust Porter, Oktoberfest Ale, Wounded Knee IPA, Rye IPA, BCB IPA, Kolsch, Apfelwein

EdWort is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2007, 01:38 AM   #20
FatDuc
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
FatDuc's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Leland, NC
Posts: 1,624
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdWort
Oh yeah, these ribs were cooked indirectly. I have a 14 inch pizza stone down in there below the drip pan. I've done tandori chicken on the egg many times. You can cook direct just above the hot coals, or up in the dome, and indirect for low & slow cooks like brisket, pulled pork & ribs. I also bake bread on it as well as pizza. It's pretty versatile for a grill/smoker and it's the only one that can sear a steak at 700+ degrees. The lifetime warranty is hard to beat too.
SOLD, I must have one!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by olllllo View Post
Every brewer here would tuck in his junk to have this opportunity.
Quote:
A child-like man is not a man whose development has been arrested; on the contrary, he is a man who has given himself a chance of continuing to develop long after most adults have muffled themselves in the cocoon of middle-aged habit and convention. Aldous Huxley
Fat Duc Brewing
Special Character cheatsheets
FatDuc is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply


Quick Reply
Message:
Options
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
smokin ribs amishland Cooking & Pairing 49 01-03-2010 10:05 PM
Dad and Lad Day Smoking Spare Ribs mmb Cooking & Pairing 3 04-26-2009 07:09 PM
Cherry Lambic BBQ Ribs Ceedubya Cooking & Pairing 5 03-27-2009 01:06 AM
Smoking a rack or ribs tonight...Condo Style! Brewtopia Cooking & Pairing 5 07-01-2008 04:24 AM
More new years eve ribs SuperiorBrew Cooking & Pairing 4 01-01-2008 06:17 PM