Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Food and Beverage > Cooking & Pairing > Soy sauce recipe...authentic brewed

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2008, 12:06 AM   #1
Tim Rhoads
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Soy sauce recipe...authentic brewed

Does anyone know where I can find a recipe to make authentic fermented soy sauce? I am a microbiologist, so I want to do this right. No shortcuts. Thanks

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2008, 12:51 AM   #2
Rick500
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Found some info here.

Old 08-27-2008, 01:54 PM   #3
zoebisch01

Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

In facilities they inoculate the 'dough' with the culture. I am not overly worried anymore about various molds tbh. It is only in the last century that people have begun to create pure strains across the board. I have a feeling this has removed a lot of character from fermented foods. In fact, true fermented foods are becoming more rare. I blame our fear of germs on this. Sure there are a lot of nasty critters running around out there, but we have time honored traditions that have given us methods for safe preservation of food via fermentation. If you embark on this endeavor keep us posted. This is on my 'to do' list and has been for a while. Although the book I have, the Miso supposedly takes over a year to mature.

Brew what you like. Do this, and you will find your inner brewer.

Quick Reply