Snowed in means cooking all day.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dataz722

Reaction score
Breakfast was biscuits and bacon gravy with homefries.

Lunch will be steak fajitas. They are marinating now.

Dinner will be stuffed shells, bacon risotto and fresh bread. :D

Yeah, I know i'm culinarily all over the place but i'm just working with what I have.

I just felt like sharing that and i'll have pictures later.

Sounds good! I'll be making some chili right after I'm done brewing. Don't let a little snow stop you from getting out and making some beer! Admittedly, none of the snow stuck here this morning, but it was coming down pretty good. Maybe it will add a little something extra to the oatmeal stout since a bunch fell into the kettle. Snowtmeal Stout!

Breakfast was biscuits and bacon gravy with homefries..

First meal my American wife ever made me was biscuits and gravy. When she told me what she was going to cook I kept a diplomatic silence.....Cookies and gravy? Are you fooking mental!? (My brain shouts a lot)

Of course, I was pleasantly surprised that something was lost in translation. It still sucked though. It turns out I hate biscuits and gravy even if it contains no cookies.:eek:

Don't let a little snow stop you from getting out and making some beer!

Hahahahahaha a little snow? We have 20+ inches with drifts of over 3 ft and now its coming down 2 inches an hour with 60 mph wind gusts. The governor has declared state of emergency and put the National Gaurd on watch for some reason. Don't quite know what they are going to do though. This really is just nuts.

Hahahahahaha a little snow? We have 20+ inches with drifts of over 3 ft and now its coming down 2 inches an hour with 60 mph wind gusts. The governor has declared state of emergency and put the National Gaurd on watch for some reason. Don't quite know what they are going to do though. This really is just nuts.

haha, so much for global warming.

ps. i did brew last weekend too, when we got 6 inches of snow (which is a lot for here!). I did do it in the garage instead of on the back deck like usual though!:D

haha, so much for global warming.

Tell me about it. The news just showed that people are actually sledding and snowboarding down the steps that Rocky ran up during "eye of the tiger." It looks like a ski slope.

First meal my American wife ever made me was biscuits and gravy. When she told me what she was going to cook I kept a diplomatic silence.....Cookies and gravy? Are you fooking mental!? (My brain shouts a lot)

Of course, I was pleasantly surprised that something was lost in translation. It still sucked though. It turns out I hate biscuits and gravy even if it contains no cookies.:eek:

HOW CAN YOU NOT LIKE BISCUITS AND GRAVY?!!

It still sucked though. It turns out I hate biscuits and gravy even if it contains no cookies.:eek:

Those sound like fightin' words. Of course your wife did right to make bacon, but she should have kept it on the side and made the gravy with spicy sausage instead. In fact that's such a good idea I might go buy some sausage and buttermilk right now.

25 inches of snow and counting
Breakfast: Open faced sandwiches with sausage, fried eggs, and fresh homemade bread
Brew (2) 5 gallon batches
Lunch: NY style pizza
Dinner: TBD

Prep for tomorrow:
Chili in the crockpot
Pizza Dip
Clean Deep fryer in prep for wings

Those sound like fightin' words. Of course your wife did right to make bacon, but she should have kept it on the side and made the gravy with spicy sausage instead. In fact that's such a good idea I might go buy some sausage and buttermilk right now.

Fighting words? Yeah right! Now you are gonna tell me you like grits!? ;)

Back