*Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway - Enter Now!*

Home Brew Forums > Food and Beverage > Cooking & Pairing > Oysters!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2012, 03:58 PM   #41
cheezydemon3
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1641 Times on 1234 Posts
Likes Given: 3007

Quote:
Originally Posted by estricklin View Post
Add some file in with them there oysters and world peace could be a possibility.
Hmmmm!!!!! an herb we don't see much!

I am intrigued sir.....my thanks to you!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-27-2012, 06:43 AM   #42
Hollie
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Okay Yooper if you want to pair oysters, or raw oysters anyway, you can drink them with guests. Put a raw oyster in the bottom of a martini glass. On top of that add a dollop of your cocktail sauce. On top of that gently pour some vodka over. It should be nicely layered for cosmetic reasons. You want to have all of the ingredients to equate to a mournful mouthful. Garnish (we have special cracker that sits on rim of glass). Drink up in one gulp and your face will look and feel like you are sad for the sacrificialized oyster.

Old 10-30-2012, 09:44 PM   #43
cheezydemon3
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 1641 Times on 1234 Posts
Likes Given: 3007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollie View Post
Okay Yooper if you want to pair oysters, or raw oysters anyway, you can drink them with guests. Put a raw oyster in the bottom of a martini glass. On top of that add a dollop of your cocktail sauce. On top of that gently pour some vodka over. It should be nicely layered for cosmetic reasons. You want to have all of the ingredients to equate to a mournful mouthful. Garnish (we have special cracker that sits on rim of glass). Drink up in one gulp and your face will look and feel like you are sad for the sacrificialized oyster.
That sounds really good.

Oyster shooters?

Bet a shot glass would work on medium small oysters.

Old 11-28-2012, 02:21 PM   #44
homebrewhaha
Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxofjibboo View Post
Also, what beer is best paired with oysters? Not to make with oysters but to drink while eating oysters.
Let's keep the oyster talk going! Love oysters, and they're a fun food to pair with beer.

As mentioned above, stout with oysters is a classic match. I had the opportunity to eat super-fresh Island Creek oysters paired with Harpoon's Island Creek Oyster Stout (part of their limited 100-barrel series) while visiting a friend in Boston a while back and it's really an experience I will never forget.

Besides the classic stout, I think a nice German rauchbier would go really well, maybe even a smoked porter. I love oysters just raw with a little lemon, but if you happen to be grilling your oysters, this could potentially be a mind-asploding pairing.

For me, Belgian beers go great with a lot of foods and oysters are no exception. Last time I was up visiting my buddy we had them with Allagash Black, which is a Belgian stout, and it was great. If you can get Ommegang Abbey Ale, that's a unique beer in that it's a lightly spiced dubbel that has some star anise (very subtle). If you finely chop some fresh fennel and serve your oysters up with any nice dubbel, that could be a good option too.

Happy oystering!

Old 11-28-2012, 09:30 PM   #45
KVP
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 19

Makes 18 Drago's Charbroiled Oysters
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Ingredients:
• 8 ounces (2 sticks) softened butter
• 2 tablespoons finely chopped garlic
• 1 teaspoon black pepper
• Pinch dried oregano
• 1 1/2 dozen large, freshly shucked oysters on the half shell
• 1/4 cup grated Parmesan and Romano cheeses, mixed
• 2 teaspoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
Preparation:
Note: Tommy Cvitanovich of Drago's Seafood Restaurant says, "This is the perfect dish for those who want to enjoy oysters in their unadorned form, but can't or won't eat them raw. Once you start eating these charbroiled ones, you won't be able to stop. Don't attempt this without freshly shucked oysters and an outdoor grill."
1. Heat a gas or charcoal grill. In a medium bowl, mix butter with garlic, pepper, and oregano.
2. Place oysters on the half shell right over the hottest part. Spoon enough of the seasoned butter over the oysters so that some of it will overflow into the fire and flame up a bit.
3. The oysters are ready when they puff up and get curly on the sides, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle the grated Parmesan and Romano and the parsley on top. Serve on the shells immediately with hot French bread.

Kevin
www.kvpbrewing.com

Subsailor Likes This 
Old 11-28-2012, 10:04 PM   #46
WesleyS
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2701 Times on 1761 Posts
Likes Given: 359

Quote:
Originally Posted by KVP
Makes 18 Drago's Charbroiled Oysters
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Ingredients:
• 8 ounces (2 sticks) softened butter
• 2 tablespoons finely chopped garlic
• 1 teaspoon black pepper
• Pinch dried oregano
• 1 1/2 dozen large, freshly shucked oysters on the half shell
• 1/4 cup grated Parmesan and Romano cheeses, mixed
• 2 teaspoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
Preparation:
Note: Tommy Cvitanovich of Drago's Seafood Restaurant says, "This is the perfect dish for those who want to enjoy oysters in their unadorned form, but can't or won't eat them raw. Once you start eating these charbroiled ones, you won't be able to stop. Don't attempt this without freshly shucked oysters and an outdoor grill."
1. Heat a gas or charcoal grill. In a medium bowl, mix butter with garlic, pepper, and oregano.
2. Place oysters on the half shell right over the hottest part. Spoon enough of the seasoned butter over the oysters so that some of it will overflow into the fire and flame up a bit.
3. The oysters are ready when they puff up and get curly on the sides, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle the grated Parmesan and Romano and the parsley on top. Serve on the shells immediately with hot French bread.
Sounds like a great recipe! I mainly eat oysters raw, but this looks like something I'd like to try.

Long story short, Beer.

Old 01-03-2013, 12:38 AM   #47
WesleyS
Recipes 

Currently enjoying these and wanted to share. Sorry for the dark picture.

image-223128131.jpg

Long story short, Beer.

Old 01-04-2013, 03:17 AM   #48
Ostomo517
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 575 Times on 364 Posts
Likes Given: 184

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesleyS View Post
Currently enjoying these and wanted to share. Sorry for the dark picture.
Ill be in Corpus Christi for a week starting tomorrow. I plan on surviving on dozens of those yummy jewels, Whataburger and beer..... Mixed in with the occasional Lone Star

Old 01-04-2013, 03:45 AM   #49
WesleyS
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostomo517

Ill be in Corpus Christi for a week starting tomorrow. I plan on surviving on dozens of those yummy jewels, Whataburger and beer..... Mixed in with the occasional Lone Star
Sounds like a good time!

Long story short, Beer.

Old 01-04-2013, 06:50 AM   #50
estricklin
Certified Guitar Pickin' Hop Slingin' Crazy Homebrewer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 123 Times on 97 Posts
Likes Given: 117

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostomo517 View Post
I miss Whataburger, haven't ate there since I was 13 or 14. I don't miss the long line though.

Quick Reply