The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Food and Beverage > Cooking & Pairing > Official Hot Sauce Making Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2011, 11:09 PM   #131
Ravenshead
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Trinidad Perfumes sound awesome. I love habeneros but most of my family can't take their heat. These have the same citrusy flavor with less heat?

[QUOTE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polorl69 View Post
I had no problems whatsoever getting my pee to ferment.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2011, 03:13 AM   #132
jgln
Recipes 

Liked 50 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenshead View Post
Trinidad Perfumes sound awesome. I love habeneros but most of my family can't take their heat. These have the same citrusy flavor with less heat?

Yes, less the "kerosene fuel" odor as I call it you get with the hababeros, but the flavor you mention is there. Tomato Growers has them if you have trouble finding seed, but once you grow them you can save the seed.

Old 08-10-2011, 03:44 AM   #133
usfmikeb
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 233 Times on 200 Posts

Be careful harvesting seeds from pepper plants you grow outdoors, cross pollination is a big issue with pepper plants. Avid growers use things like tulle in order to isolate flowers from cross pollination. I only use seeds that I know are pure, as I've received seeds from other growers before that they harvested off their plants, and they weren't good anymore.

Old 08-10-2011, 03:52 AM   #134
jgln
Recipes 

Liked 50 Times on 39 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by usfmikeb View Post
Be careful harvesting seeds from pepper plants you grow outdoors, cross pollination is a big issue with pepper plants. Avid growers use things like tulle in order to isolate flowers from cross pollination. I only use seeds that I know are pure, as I've received seeds from other growers before that they harvested off their plants, and they weren't good anymore.
Yeah I know, some won't even germinate due to being hybrids. But I have had no problem growing them year after year same results. I have grown many peppers for many years with no problems, no change in the pepper. I always choose the best peppers to save seed from too, the biggest and the best formed.

Quick Reply