Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Food and Beverage > Cooking & Pairing > My Recession Meal
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2008, 03:11 AM   #1
olllllo
[]-O-[]
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
olllllo's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Posts: 13,514
Liked 125 Times on 106 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Default My Recession Meal

I had a can of Steak and Shake Chili and can of Vegetarian Madras Lentils.

Mixed 'em up and nuked for 3 minutes.




That is all.

__________________
Rabbit And Coyote Schwag
Rob - Phoenix Ambassador to Milwaukee
Where did your avatar go?
Ginger Beer for Moscow Mules Bacon Vodka
Twitter
olllllo is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2008, 03:17 AM   #2
BigKahuna
Senior Member
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
BigKahuna's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Eastern Colorado
Posts: 5,942
Liked 48 Times on 41 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default

SWMBO's not home?
The real question...what did you drink with it?

__________________
Seriously. I'm here for BEER
It's Not The Size Of Your Rig That Counts....It's How Often You Use It.
BigKahuna is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2008, 03:17 AM   #3
phissionkorps
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 394
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

Too rich for my blood. The ultimate recession meal = wodzionka. Boil some water, add a bit of fat like bacon grease or so, add cubed stale bread. Spices are for pansies. It tastes like what it is, but surprisingly it's not bad.

__________________

Primary: star thistle traditional mead
Secondary: mango melomel, Biere de Garde, dark strong braggot, oud bruin, Paulaner clone, coffee RIS
Bottled: rye wit, sticke alt, Graetzer, Apfelwein, zeus SMaSH, APA

phissionkorps is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2008, 03:41 AM   #4
Bongofury
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 51
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phissionkorps View Post
Too rich for my blood. The ultimate recession meal = wodzionka. Boil some water, add a bit of fat like bacon grease or so, add cubed stale bread. Spices are for pansies. It tastes like what it is, but surprisingly it's not bad.
Wait why don't you just put the fat on the bread and eat it like ... bread? I guess because its stale?
__________________
Bongofury is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2008, 03:48 AM   #5
Arneba28
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Arneba28's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Amherst, Western New York
Posts: 2,228
Liked 15 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default

Had my recesion meal the last 5 meals. Less then $6 for the whole deal, just about 1.10$ per meal. 1# ground beef with minced onions and allspice. 2 eggplants halved and pealed. Layer alternately beef and eggplant and bake for 1.5hours. So good.!!! That or rice. When I was really really poor I once only ate rice and peas for 2 weeks straight, then I got smart and started stealing lamb shanks from the greek restaurant I was working at. This was a matter of feeding myself, and I absolutely hate stealing and people that steal. Now I am in better times. I eat ramen noodle with chunks of really bad cuts of chicken on top. lo

__________________
My Kegerator Project
Arneba28 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2008, 03:58 AM   #6
Dr Vorlauf
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Dr Vorlauf's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Lehigh Valley,PA
Posts: 540
Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arneba28 View Post
Had my recesion meal the last 5 meals. Less then $6 for the whole deal, just about 1.10$ per meal. 1# ground beef with minced onions and allspice. 2 eggplants halved and pealed. Layer alternately beef and eggplant and bake for 1.5hours. So good.!!! That or rice. When I was really really poor I once only ate rice and peas for 2 weeks straight, then I got smart and started stealing lamb shanks from the greek restaurant I was working at. This was a matter of feeding myself, and I absolutely hate stealing and people that steal. Now I am in better times. I eat ramen noodle with chunks of really bad cuts of chicken on top. lo
I went to UB and that was my diet... minus the lamb shanks..
__________________

Veritas vos Liberabit

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefmike View Post
Dr. Vorlauf.... you are a scary, scary man. Kimchee?!!
Dr Vorlauf is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2008, 04:23 AM   #7
olllllo
[]-O-[]
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
olllllo's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Posts: 13,514
Liked 125 Times on 106 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKahuna View Post
SWMBO's not home?
The real question...what did you drink with it?
She reheated some pizza.

Homebrew of course.
10 day mild.
__________________
Rabbit And Coyote Schwag
Rob - Phoenix Ambassador to Milwaukee
Where did your avatar go?
Ginger Beer for Moscow Mules Bacon Vodka
Twitter
olllllo is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2008, 04:26 AM   #8
Arneba28
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Arneba28's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Amherst, Western New York
Posts: 2,228
Liked 15 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Vorlauf View Post
I went to UB and that was my diet... minus the lamb shanks..
I was in the grocery store thats right next to UB South and there were 2 asian kids and all they had in there cart were 5 12packs of Ramen and 2 5#bags of white rice.
__________________
My Kegerator Project
Arneba28 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2008, 04:31 AM   #9
olllllo
[]-O-[]
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
olllllo's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Posts: 13,514
Liked 125 Times on 106 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Default

I used to eat alot of tuna and rice in college.

__________________
Rabbit And Coyote Schwag
Rob - Phoenix Ambassador to Milwaukee
Where did your avatar go?
Ginger Beer for Moscow Mules Bacon Vodka
Twitter
olllllo is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2008, 05:02 AM   #10
phissionkorps
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 394
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

Quote:
Wait why don't you just put the fat on the bread and eat it like ... bread? I guess because its stale?
Yeah, it's "supposed" to be made out of stale rye or other hard bread. I make it with stale hotdog buns or whatever is around really.
__________________

Primary: star thistle traditional mead
Secondary: mango melomel, Biere de Garde, dark strong braggot, oud bruin, Paulaner clone, coffee RIS
Bottled: rye wit, sticke alt, Graetzer, Apfelwein, zeus SMaSH, APA

phissionkorps is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply



Quick Reply
Message:
Options
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Recession Brewing joejaz General Techniques 17 06-03-2009 06:19 AM
10 Reasons for the recession... aekdbbop General Chit Chat 0 10-15-2008 05:53 PM
Recession not affecting beer & tobacco Big10Seaner General Chit Chat 2 08-13-2008 04:35 PM