Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Food and Beverage > Cooking & Pairing > modelo negra and cow toungue taco

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2009, 03:34 PM   #1
loganb
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default modelo negra and cow toungue taco

or any other Mexican beer. the cow toungue taste like the most delicious, moistest roast beef ever. i get it at a local Mexican resturant here in Texas right outside post. and it is easy to make at home if you want. the toungue does look pretty nasty before you cook it though but taste really good.
Ingredients
1 beef tongue 1/2 white onion, sliced 5 cloves garlic, crushed 1 bay leaf salt to taste 3 tablespoons vegetable oil 5 Roma tomatoes 5 serrano peppers salt to taste 1/2 onion, diced 2 (10 ounce) packages corn tortillas

Directions
Place the beef tongue in a slow cooker and cover with water. Add the onion slices, garlic, and bay leaf. Season with salt. Cover and cook on Low overnight or 8 hours. Remove the tongue and shred the meat into strands.
Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook the tomatoes and peppers in the hot oil until softened on all sides. Remove the tomatoes and peppers in a blender, keeping the oil on the heat; season with salt. Blend briefly until still slightly chunky. Cook the diced onion in the skillet until translucent; stir in the tomato mixture. Cook another 5 to 6 minutes. Build the tacos by placing shredded tongue meat into a tortilla and spooning salsa over the meat.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2009, 03:41 PM   #2
JesseRC
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I agree, it is delicious, but I prefere cheek meat

Jesse

Primaries: Mojave Red (AG)
Kegs: Hibiscus Saison (AG), Orange Kolsch (AG) , Cocunut Porter
Future Brew: Wee Heavy

Old 11-13-2009, 03:47 PM   #3
loganb
Recipes 

cheek is also very awsome

Old 11-13-2009, 06:48 PM   #4
kjung
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Lingua tacos are very popular on the catering trucks(roach coaches) on job sites around here. That is, until SOMEONE() tells people what they are.
I love 'em, though !

Be careful what you wish for, friend, 'cause I've been to Hell, and now I'm back again- Steve Earle

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.-
Albert Einstein

"Heroism on command, senseless violence, and all the loathsome nonsense that goes by the name of patriotism -- how passionately I hate them!"- Einstein, again

Old 11-13-2009, 07:21 PM   #5
jamesnsw
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

In tacos, I've had boiled tongue, and I've had deep fried tongue. The boiled I could barely choke down- the texture was too weird. The deep fried was just awesome (and from a taco trailer as well). Mmm...

Some stuff I've made: Odell's 90 Shilling Clone, Abbey Weiss Pottsville Common, Simple Mead, Dry Dock Apricot Blonde Clone, Rye IPA, Maibock, Scrapper's Quaffable Irish Red, Short Sleep Blueberry Ale, Lazy Magnolia Pecan Nut Brown Ale Clone, Graff, Apfelwein, Cascades Orange Pale, Orfy's Mild Ale, Vagabond Gingered Ale
What to Brew for iOS (free)

Old 11-13-2009, 07:24 PM   #6
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2774 Times on 1659 Posts
Likes Given: 3488

Me, forget the tongue and cheak, I'll take Pastor any day of the week.

Preferably from an East L.A. Taco Truck.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 11-13-2009, 07:25 PM   #7
Myrdhyn
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I get cheek meat from a taco truck around here that absolutely rocks.

Left tap: Myrd's IPA
Right tap: Heffeweizen
Kegged: Blimey's ESB, Apfelwein, Ed's Haus Pale Ale
Fermenting: Air, but soon to be Ode-to-Arthur and more Apfelwein.

Quick Reply