Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!


Home Brew Forums > Food and Beverage > Cooking & Pairing > Man, I luuuuuvs the peanut butter
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2009, 08:08 PM   #1
arturo7
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
arturo7's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Huntington Beach
Posts: 9,111
Liked 174 Times on 135 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Man, I luuuuuvs the peanut butter

I've just had it for breakfast and lunch, two days in a row.

On whole wheat toast for breakfast and heaped on apple slices for lunch.

__________________

Hey, knock that shvt off. We're drinkin' here.

arturo7 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2009, 08:16 PM   #2
Mutilated1
Beer Drenched Executioner
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Mutilated1's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hoover, Alabama USA, Alabama
Posts: 2,195
Liked 36 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arturo7 View Post
I've just had it for breakfast and lunch, two days in a row.

On whole wheat toast for breakfast and heaped on apple slices for lunch.
You're supposed to tell us what beer goes with it
__________________
Mutilated1 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2009, 08:17 PM   #3
SchizoFilly
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Burleson, TX
Posts: 970
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default

wow....that was insightful, thanks for starting a thread to share that.....

back in my, um....herbal diet days (think munchies) I had a very close relationship with PB....we were almost inseparable....and the goober stuff, the mixed strawberry jam and pb in a single jar.....light up then get a spoon and empty the jar.....I killed alot of brain cells during those years, and ate alot of pb

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by shecky View Post
There is shamelessness and then there is SchizoFilly.
SchizoFilly is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2009, 08:19 PM   #4
SchizoFilly
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Burleson, TX
Posts: 970
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default

to make it beer and/or pairing related....it might work with a fruity wheat beer with a nice bread-like quality to it.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by shecky View Post
There is shamelessness and then there is SchizoFilly.
SchizoFilly is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2009, 08:21 PM   #5
arturo7
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
arturo7's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Huntington Beach
Posts: 9,111
Liked 174 Times on 135 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

More often that not, I pair it with milk, straight out the jug.

__________________

Hey, knock that shvt off. We're drinkin' here.

arturo7 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2009, 08:41 PM   #6
conpewter
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
conpewter's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: East Dundee, Illinois
Posts: 5,133
Liked 43 Times on 38 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Default

Made me think about the peanut butter porter mmm still gotta brew that (and find that powdered peanut butter)

__________________

"People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people." - V

Primary: Nothin
Secondary: Shady Lord RIS, Water to Barleywine, Pumpkin wine, burnt mead
Kegged: Crappy infected mild
Bottles: Apfelwein, 999 Barleywine, Oatmeal Stout, Robust Porter, Robust smoked porter, Simcoe Smash

conpewter is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2009, 08:48 PM   #7
Chad
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Chad's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Apex, NC
Posts: 1,036
Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

Default

You should try making your own peanut butter. It's significantly better than the store-bought stuff. Couldn't be simpler: 3 cups of roasted peanuts (plain, not the peanuts with spices, maltodextrin, etc.), a dollop (about a tablespoon) of honey and a three-finger pinch of kosher salt. Blend in a heavy duty blender or food processor, stopping occasionally to push the peanut butter back into the blades. If you have standard household blender or food processor you might need to add a little peanut oil to make a smooth paste. A VitaMix or Blendtec takes 5-10 minutes. A standard blender might take a little longer between pulsing and scraping down the sides. If you add oil, store the peanut butter in the fridge to keep it from separating out. This makes about 2 cups of peanut butter that has a little more texture than store-bought but isn't chunky by any stretch of the imagination. My kids have become complete peanut butter snobs

Chad

__________________
Chad Ward
An Edge in the Kitchen
William Morrow Cookbooks
www.chadwrites.com
Chad is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2009, 09:03 PM   #8
GilaMinumBeer
In yo' garage, steelin' yo parts.
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
GilaMinumBeer's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Oblivion
Posts: 48,868
Liked 4955 Times on 4522 Posts
Likes Given: 60

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arturo7 View Post
More often that not, I pair it with milk, straight out the jug.
I like it that way too. It's the 7 months wait that sucks.
__________________
GilaMinumBeer is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2009, 09:09 PM   #9
khiddy
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 1,203
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default

I have the powdered peanut butter, it's called PB2. It's fabulous, tastes just like the real thing, and so much lighter on fat and carbs! Mix it in directly with your jelly for a taste treat that will blow your mind!

__________________
Beeritas Vos Liberabit Brewing
Primaries: BEER Beer (4/8/12); Fisher-Price My First Mead (12/20/10)
Kegged: Hairy Patersbier (1/28/12); Dick Beer (2/15/12); Get Yer Goat Maibock (2/22/12)
Bottled: Ye Olde Tyme Holiday Ale (9/26/10); Dick Beer (2/15/12); Candy's Dad's Homebrew (2/27/12)
Apfelweins: Crapfelwein (4/4/12); Apfelweinlager 34/70 (2/26/12)
Kit Wines: Fisher-Price My First Amarone (4/1/12); Rosso Magnifico (4/17/12)
On Deck: Albertus Magnus DIPA
khiddy is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2009, 09:26 PM   #10
jgln
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Southern, NJ
Posts: 3,498
Liked 53 Times on 41 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
You should try making your own peanut butter. It's significantly better than the store-bought stuff. Couldn't be simpler: 3 cups of roasted peanuts (plain, not the peanuts with spices, maltodextrin, etc.), a dollop (about a tablespoon) of honey and a three-finger pinch of kosher salt. Blend in a heavy duty blender or food processor, stopping occasionally to push the peanut butter back into the blades. If you have standard household blender or food processor you might need to add a little peanut oil to make a smooth paste. A VitaMix or Blendtec takes 5-10 minutes. A standard blender might take a little longer between pulsing and scraping down the sides. If you add oil, store the peanut butter in the fridge to keep it from separating out. This makes about 2 cups of peanut butter that has a little more texture than store-bought but isn't chunky by any stretch of the imagination. My kids have become complete peanut butter snobs

Chad
I am growing peanuts this year, not nearly enough to do much with them though. I didn't want fill the whole garden with peanuts so it is just for fun. I grew them here once before as a kid and they grew well only not enough to eat really. I planed about 100 seeds.
__________________
jgln is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply



Quick Reply
Message:
Options
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Peanut Butter Porter W/Powdered Peanut Butter SuperiorBrew Recipes/Ingredients 162 11-19-2014 11:35 PM
Peanut Butter? bubbachunk General Techniques 1 02-25-2009 04:21 AM
A peanut butter porter! Aclay All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing 3 03-03-2008 05:36 PM
Peanut Butter Stout icu812 Recipes/Ingredients 1 01-21-2008 01:06 AM
Best Ever Peanut Butter Cookies Yuri_Rage Cooking & Pairing 2 12-25-2007 05:15 AM



Newest Threads

LATEST SPONSOR DEALS