Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Food and Beverage > Cooking & Pairing > Looking for homemade barbecue sauce recipes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2013, 03:57 AM   #31
mpride1911
Angry Brewer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 113 Times on 82 Posts
Likes Given: 215

Not sure if this recipe was posted, it's from beer magazine. I haven't tried it yet.
http://www.facebook.com/notes/counter-insurgency-brewing/ipa-barbecue-sauce/147578315407206

Doing evil things to evil people since 2003.
http://www.facebook.com/CounterinsurgencyBrewing
Primary: 1. Belgian Wit 2. Pale ale 3.

Secondary: 1.
Kegged: 1. Shabak chair NWPA; 2. Blonde; 3. Kiss Yer Cousin Rye 4. Oktoberfest lager; 5. EMPTY 6. EMPTY

Bottled: 1. Blonde ale 2. 1.125 OG experiment 3. Chechen Rebel blackberry blonde ale 4. Arrogant Modified

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2013, 10:49 AM   #32
Dawai
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 24 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default Yeah, you are fixing to see why I am +90lbs overweight

Youtube recipe Slightly modified to fit ingredients here.

1 large red onion, minced
3 cloves garlic fine minced
1 tbs olive oil,
sautee the onions, once they start looking "translucent" then add the garlic
DO NOT BROWN, just tenderize and cook. THE onion remains in "chunks in the sauce".
Add
2 cups brown sugar
2 cups light ketsup (or tomato paste)
3+dashes cholula chipotle sauce (5-6 texas pete or lighter hot sauce for pussies like me)
1/2 cup dark beer, I added my amber lager homebrew. Dark beer is perhaps more bitter?
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
1 tbs worchester sauce
1/2tsp honey (original called for honey mustard)
1 tsp mustard
2tsp papricka
1/2 tsp celery seed (we used celery salt and reduced salt)
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp coarse ground black pepper
1 tsp chili powder
Simmer 20 minutes to reduce to paste. Use and can remainder in jars. We ended up with a quart and some, the "youtube guy" used some really thick "sun dried tomato ketsup" and he ended up with a pint and half???? in the large skillet in the beginning ours looked like more volume.. Stirring them onions as they cook is gaseous, stirring the vinegar mix is too.. choking.. I may try to add the vinegar later in the mix next time. Vinegar (acid) helps break down tough meat and other spices into mix.

TASTES really good on a spoon, Barbeque is coming off the grille at 12:00 today. We got people/friends coming over and the main "sanke keg" is not fully carbonated yet, the stuff in the bottles has enough gas to tig weld with.. Hope they bring their own. (I may hide my chocolate-coffee beer keg)

EDITend of afternoon taste testing completed)
Kinda sweet, I think for my version here I'm shortening the sugar a bit and lengthening the vinegar to sour it up a tad.
If you hit the perfect combo, please post it. No pictures of the cookout.. I was having too much fun to worry about it.

Tunnel Hill Ga. I'm a Old biker/construction worker, wore out, tired, relaxing with a homebrew and loving it. Ain't nothing like watching the sun come up over Fort Mountain.

Last edited by Dawai; 09-14-2013 at 09:22 PM. Reason: Taste testing completed.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply