Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Food and Beverage > Cooking & Pairing > (HELP! need recipe) Chicken stock orange juice shrimp recipe

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2013, 08:31 PM   #21
Die_Yankees_Die
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheezydemon3 View Post
I grew rocotos with little success 3 years ago. Everything else did so well, I think I got weak seed. (even the good seeds are brown though, WIERD!)

You and creamygoodness (my alter ego) ought to talk. He regularly eats chicken hearts and livers.
I can't grow things. I kill everything. What's that old joke? "I killed my cactus which bums me out because it means I'm less nourishing than a desert." Fortunately for me my wife is a professional gardener. She got her Masters at UM in conservation biology and has been doing the organics thing for going on a decade. She grows me all of my fresh veggies. Since I'm picking up beer making, I've convinced her to trellis our backyard and grow hops. When she realized it would turn our backyard into a sort of shade hanger, she agreed. FRESH HOPS ON THE WAY!

creamygoodness is a bold eater, eh? My kind of guy (girl?)! If there's one thing I can't stand it's people who have a billion food peculiarities. I learned to like everything. EVERYTHING. Although that was put to the test in Africa when I ate giant locusts...but either way. Chicken brains, spicy food competitions, steamed beef head, veal tongue (a french delicacy), yes please.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2013, 08:42 PM   #22
cheezydemon3
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 1639 Times on 1233 Posts
Likes Given: 3007

Both high heat and low have their attributes, but I will agree that with a meat like shrimp that is best served at a very precise "doneness" slow cooking is the enemy and flash cooking is better.

High heat and maillard are good for even a slow dish that is then turned down low and simmered after being seared.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Die_Yankees_Die View Post
I can't grow things. I kill everything. What's that old joke? "I killed my cactus which bums me out because it means I'm less nourishing than a desert." Fortunately for me my wife is a professional gardener. She got her Masters at UM in conservation biology and has been doing the organics thing for going on a decade. She grows me all of my fresh veggies. Since I'm picking up beer making, I've convinced her to trellis our backyard and grow hops. When she realized it would turn our backyard into a sort of shade hanger, she agreed. FRESH HOPS ON THE WAY!

creamygoodness is a bold eater, eh? My kind of guy (girl?)! If there's one thing I can't stand it's people who have a billion food peculiarities. I learned to like everything. EVERYTHING. Although that was put to the test in Africa when I ate giant locusts...but either way. Chicken brains, spicy food competitions, steamed beef head, veal tongue (a french delicacy), yes please.

I changed my mind. I no longer like you......

Your wife grows peppers and veggies and hops FOR YOU????????lol.

Wow. I an envious! She sounds like a cool chick.

I am a lot more adventurous than many of my friends, but UNI sashimi (raw sea urchin) was about the most adventurous I had gotten.

Chicken hearts are next!

Old 03-06-2013, 09:56 PM   #23
Die_Yankees_Die
Recipes 

OOOH....uni. Dreaded, dreaded uni.

Ok, that one is a stretch for me. I'd eat it again...but I've had it fresh from urchins off the coast of oregon and i've had it in sushi...and it tastes like rotten sea water.

Funny you mention that. That, combined with a lung...might be my least favorite things to eat.

Old 03-06-2013, 10:04 PM   #24
cheezydemon3
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 1639 Times on 1233 Posts
Likes Given: 3007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Die_Yankees_Die View Post
OOOH....uni. Dreaded, dreaded uni.

Ok, that one is a stretch for me. I'd eat it again...but I've had it fresh from urchins off the coast of oregon and i've had it in sushi...and it tastes like rotten sea water.

Funny you mention that. That, combined with a lung...might be my least favorite things to eat.
YAYAAAAAAAAA!!!!! (ala regular show)

I impressed the culinary dud who bagged a gardener!

Actually I am not sure that I would ever eat it again. Lung? Nope!

Old 03-06-2013, 10:50 PM   #25
Die_Yankees_Die
Recipes 

Lung? Ain't no thang. Just picture chewing on an aluminum-infused sea sponge.

Quick Reply