GOT series premier...what are you making?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alane1

Reaction score
I just got the Game Of Thrones cook book, so I wanted to make some of the recipes for the series premier. Here is what I was thinking;

herb crusted rack of lamb
turnips in butter
brown bread
poached pears

all served with hippocras and black beer (homebrewed)

Your menu sounds very appropriate for the occasion. I highly recommend poaching your pears in a cheap red wine - adds some nice color and flavor.

I brewed John Palmer's Elevenses for this occasion specifically, a nice oakey, nutty english mild. I'm thinking we will pair it with some smoked gouda, mustard and crackers for an appetizer.

For the main course we will probably be looking at roast chicken with an herbed root vegetable puree. Paired with a malty porter of some kind.

I'm going to steal your idea for dessert and make red wine poached pears. Probably pair that with a nice and bubbly belgian dubbel or trappist ale.

Wash it all down with a scotch on the rocks :)

First, I hope your name was intentionally a reference to a character in the books.

Next I'm totally roasting a chicken with honey something to that effect, and serving some chocolate milk vanilla oatmeal stout (black beer, nevermind that I basically put the kitchen sink in this beer).

Sausages maybe…

Ramsay-having-too-much-fun-with-that-sausage.gif

Back