(those are the leftovers
The Saison seemed to pick up the Old Bay better...or maybe it was because it was my 3rd mug by then.
Gonna pick the leftovers today to make crabcakes and/or cream of crab soup
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (1.25 ounce) envelope hollandaise sauce mix
- 4 cups half-and-half, divided
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons Old Bay Seasoning TM
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon cooking sherry
- 1 pound fresh crabmeat
- In a medium bowl, blend flour and hollandaise sauce mix with 2 cups half-and-half.
- Melt butter in a medium, heavy saucepan over medium heat. Slowly add hollandaise mixture, stirring constantly until thickened. Add remaining half-and-half, Old Bay, dry mustard, celery seed, and whipping cream. Bring to a simmer and reduce heat to low. Add crabmeat and sherry, stirring gently until warmed through. Serve immediately.