Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Food and Beverage > Cooking & Pairing > Foodie Challenge! What is passedpawn making?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2012, 02:51 PM   #31
jeepinjeepin
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1043 Times on 1022 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by passedpawn
This pic from this morning. I got this attachment for my KitchenAid mixer for christmas. Works much better than I expected. I had to let the ingredients from last night chill before continuing.
So ya like it? Love my KitchenAid Stand mixer. I picked up the food grinder and am probably going back for the fruit strainer for it and the food slicer maybe.

The ice cream maker is universal for all models?

Walmart is about the only reason for open or concealed carry that I can get behind. -Randar

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2012, 03:20 PM   #32
passedpawn
Waste Allocation Load Lifter - Earth Class
HBT_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 3728 Times on 2292 Posts
Likes Given: 3229

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinjeepin View Post
So ya like it? Love my KitchenAid Stand mixer. I picked up the food grinder and am probably going back for the fruit strainer for it and the food slicer maybe.

The ice cream maker is universal for all models?
Yes, I think so. It locks into my Artisan model, and came with an adapter to fit some other base type. It also has brackets on the side to fit the KitchenAid Pro mixer (which I wish I had).

I was hoping for the pasta maker, but my wife subbed this. I'm happy.

I'll warn you right now, though, this ice cream is really good. Really really good. I'm a recipe tweaker - I almost never make the same thing twice. But the vanilla recipe I linked above is so perfect, I think it can't be improved (except to cut calories - ouch!).

Old 01-02-2013, 03:28 AM   #33
CHefJohnboyardee
Recipes 

Liked 21 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 13

I'm on my second rebuilt of my KA Pro... I mean I have been using it to make bread every morning for three years but still
They are at least easy to take apart and find parts for. Parts are cheap too unless its the metal base or the motor.

The pasta maker is nice but the attachment to cut the noodles isn't as handy as it could be. The noodles have to be THIN. I like thick noodles in my with my chicken.

The ice cream maker is handy but I was short freezer space at the time so it really took some planning to make the ice cream.

Old 01-02-2013, 12:09 PM   #34
jeepinjeepin
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1043 Times on 1022 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHefJohnboyardee
I'm on my second rebuilt of my KA Pro... I mean I have been using it to make bread every morning for three years but still
They are at least easy to take apart and find parts for. Parts are cheap too unless its the metal base or the motor.
You are teetering on the edge of needing a commercial floor standing unit. Good job!

Walmart is about the only reason for open or concealed carry that I can get behind. -Randar

Old 01-03-2013, 06:25 AM   #35
CHefJohnboyardee
Recipes 

Liked 21 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 13

20 oz bread flour, 12 oz water... shouldn't make a mixer that size hurt. I don't care if it is every morning!

Measure out my coffee, start the pot, measure out the flour and water, start the mixer. By the time the coffee is brewed the dough is kneaded. About all I use it for.

Ohwell.

Homemade Icecream is fun. Making two gallons at a time is even more fun

Quick Reply