Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Food and Beverage > Cooking & Pairing > Extra Smoked Turkey Necks

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2012, 05:21 PM   #1
CreamyGoodness
Grows On You Like Yeast
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1607 Times on 1133 Posts
Likes Given: 2652

Default Extra Smoked Turkey Necks

I had a real hankering for congee and got the slowcooker revved up. Just after Thanksgiving a big ole package of smoked turkey necks was selling for $3.29. Perfect!!

So, now that I have my smoked turkey congee going, I have 2 spare smoked turkey necks. I'd hate to toss them out. Any ideas?

You are more likely to have a threesome with members of the Japanese women's curling team whilst spinning a plate on your head than you are likely to screw up a batch of JAOM.

YES, WE HAVE TRIED OTHER YEASTS! USE BREAD YEAST FOR JAOM!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2012, 05:59 PM   #2
ReverseApacheMaster
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 229 Times on 192 Posts

I use them in soups. You can use them to make stock or use directly in the soup. You'll just want to tie them up in cheesecloth because once they stew for a while they come apart and you'll want to separate out the neck bones and spinal cord from your soup. The meat left behind is tasty and can go back in the soup.

My father in law likes the necks pan fried.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply