Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Food and Beverage > Cooking & Pairing > Does Anyone Else Eat This?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2010, 12:06 PM   #31
HokieBrewer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 27 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 25

I know, I thought it was really cool too. The ones we had so far were really good. Not mouth-orgasm good, but we're talking about beans here. They're never going to taste like ribs or something...

Now here's a little something that you might not like. My DJ's name is Mix Master Mike.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2010, 12:21 PM   #32
Homercidal
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 2135 Times on 1528 Posts
Likes Given: 1172

My friend's family were always poor but always had some of the best food. That welfare cheese was great!

His parents would cook up beans in a large kettle (they had a bunch of kids) and there would be beans for dinner, beans for breakfast (great with eggs!) and beans with lunch. I never got tired of them.

His dad was from Tennessee or Kentucky, I can't remember which. Whichever it was, he liked the moonshine from the other state better.

I'm still working on figuring out how to make beans the way they did. Their juice was very dark, so I wonder if they put a bunch of black beans in there too.

Old 11-10-2010, 12:49 PM   #33
IrregularPulse
Hobby Collector
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2771 Times on 2720 Posts
Likes Given: 120

Soup Beans? Pretty common. Wife loves it I'll eat it. Actually just learned of a story last night of why I may not prefer them. Apparently when I was real little I sat on my great grandpa's lap and he fed them to me and I ate and ate and ate. Then later that night was in horrible gaseous pain. Could be why I tend to dislike them until I actually eat them.
We have a local Apple Festival in the fall around here at the local Apple Orchard and they always have a HUGE open fire pot of these going with corn bread.

I should have stuck to four fingers in Vegas. :o - marubozo

Quick Reply