Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Food and Beverage > Cooking & Pairing > Bread...inspired by orfy

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2007, 05:19 PM   #11
Chad
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PseudoChef
I have had a horrendous time getting a sour dough starter from scratch here in Nashville.

I'm gonna try Reinhart's raisin method next, but if that doesn't work I'm gonna have to get some from somewhere else

Well, crap. I'm sorry I missed this post. I would have put .5lb of my whole wheat sourdough starter in your Beerswap care package. You could always order the sourdough starter crock set from King Arthur. That's how I got mine started last year. The starter itself is only $6.95, but your going to pay shipping anyway, so you might as well buy the crock too. It comes in handy. I've converted my starter over to whole wheat. I should probably make another for white breads.

Chad
www.chadwrites.com

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2007, 07:29 PM   #12
pjj2ba
Look under the recliner
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 192 Times on 158 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by orfy
Well done guys.

Home made bread and beer.
I baked two loaves of Swedish Rye Bread this past Saturday. On Thanksgiving morning a loaf and a half are going to be mashed with some 6-row and a bit of specialty grains. This is going to be interesting! Anybody ever mashed bread and have any tips? I'm already going to add some rice hulls.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply