Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Food and Beverage > Cooking & Pairing > Beligian Wit Orange Chicken

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2010, 12:01 AM   #1
BarleyWater
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 20 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Beligian Wit Orange Chicken

So I wanted to make a recipe that had one of my homebrews in it, and I've really been enjoying this Wit I have on tap recently, so here is the orange chicken glaze that I ended up making.

1 1/2 cups Belgian Wit
1/4 cup lemon juice (~2 large lemons)
1/4 cup rice vinegar
2 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp grated orange zest (~1 large orange)
1 1/2 tablespoons fresh squeezed orange juice
1 cup tightly packed brown sugar
1/2 tsp freshly minces ginger root (or 1/4 tsp powdered)
1 tsp minced garlic
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
3 tbsp cornstarch

Destructions
Pour everything but the cornstarch into a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally to prevent the sugar from burning on the bottom. Be careful if the beer is still carbonated, it will foam up and take some time to get under control. After it comes to a boil and stops foaming, reduce to a simmer and slowly add in the cornstarch while stirring to thicken. Pour over lightly battered fried chicken chunks for a great orange chicken, or use as a dipping sauce.

And believe it or not, this pairs perfectly with a pint of wit. I would have taken pictures, but I didn't think about it until I was halfway done, and it was really good so I wasn't stopping to find the camera.

Fermenting: Nada
On Tap:Cran Wit, Dr Pepper Dubbel, Cascadian Pale Ale, Dark Chocolate Stout, Imperial Stout, Brown Mild, Schwarzbier
On Board: IIPA

www.franconiabrewing.com

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2010, 01:38 PM   #2
azscoob
Here's the Beers!
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 141 Times on 122 Posts
Likes Given: 128

I am going to have to make this for my wife, she LOVES orange chicken, and I just happen to have a keg of my hefe! good job on that recipe!

Shirts n Steins: Grain Reaper Brewing

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply