Beer style that goes well with KFC?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish I were baked. Right now, I'm just cold, sober, and at work. :(

As for the deep fat fryer. SWMBO had a long-standing ban on them, for both of our health's sake. Then, her aunt gave us her old one. We couldn't really say no, she drove the damn thing up from Kansas. And I *did* want one.

We have been trying to "behave" ourselves with it. We *do* fry french fries to go with dinner sometimes, because let's be honest, who doesn't LOVE golden, crispy, fresh fries? And we've been doing some fried clams and shrimp, and the occaisonal mozzerella sticks. But we've been trying to keep it in order somehow. :p

As far as the deep-fried burger.... I applaud the patty - I fried a number of patties when I worked at DQ. Hot dogs too - there's something damned delicious about golden, crispy, fried hot dogs. But, um. I was talking about the whole F*ing thing. Buns, burger, cheese and all. THAT'S why I haven't perfected it yet. ;)

God, I felt my arteries hardening just reading all the different deep fried foods in this post....:D

As far as the deep-fried burger.... I applaud the patty - I fried a number of patties when I worked at DQ. Hot dogs too - there's something damned delicious about golden, crispy, fried hot dogs. But, um. I was talking about the whole F*ing thing. Buns, burger, cheese and all. THAT'S why I haven't perfected it yet. ;)

make burger....put a few skewers through to hold it togeather and then submerge in batter and drop in frier. At the very least you should get some twinkies.....supposedly there good but ive never tried.

there was a place near where i grew up where you could pull your boat into the dock and get some deep fried goodness delivered to your boat. They used to put shick haus foot long hot dogs in a deep fryer till they split down the middle and then fill the middle split of the hot dog with whatever toppings you ordered, the split made a great holder for cheese and stuff like that.

*Wipes grease and hotsauce from chin, knocks back the rest of his Founder's Centennial IPA, and sits back in a blissful food coma.*

I did it!!! I took my little insulated cooler, stopped off at a Popeye's on the way home, and I just polished off a 3-piece of spicy chicken (liberally doused with my favorite creole hotsauce) with a side of redbeans and rice, Mashed taters and a biscuit...

With a nice uber Hoppy IPA to wash it down...

I think I could die now. :D

I haven't had Popeyes in like 5 or more years...Thanks for reminding me.

But didn't they used to have popcorn chicken? I wanted some fo that for the drive home...

Back