Yet another never ending RIMS build with ???'s

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Krelja

Reaction score
So I've started building a single tier brewstand after brewing a little less than a year ago. I've got a few PM and AG batches under my belt and want to have more and better beer so here I am. I have the frame built for my sculpture and now have a bunch of questions. The plan for the sculpture is 3 kegs,single tier, RIMS, one pump, & disco's. Thats the basics. As of right now I have one of the 2 banjo burners tacked in place and it took about 7 gallons water from 100 to boiling in about 20 mins with no windscreen and it was about 35 degrees out. Is that about normal I have nothing to base it on? The regulator for the burners is a 0-30PSI bayou classic.Also I wasn't prepared for how hot the stands get. It got me thinking, do I want to mount my black pipe to the top of the stand like I had planned or do I not want the pipe to get hot? The next major thing is how to mount the RIMS tube. It is a little longer than my stand is wide so mounting it length wis is out, is vertical with a hanger a decent option? Either way pics would be good for me. I'll try to post pics of my progress later tonight after work

so here are some pics of my progress let's hear what you think
IMG_1935.jpg

IMG_1932.jpg

IMG_1934.jpg

beer065.jpg

And thanks to Bobby_M for the keg polishing tips and the sight glasses for my BK and HLT

Back