So there are a lot of great ways to aerate wort! I would like to find the best way though! So instead of talking about it I decided to conduct some experiments to aerate without buying pure oxygen(I'm cheap and the wife would not be happy )
I tried to make it as scientific as possible by keeping everything in a controlled environment and consistent.
I am planning on posting the experiment later tonight but for now here is the results.
Number one is the most effective way to aerate and number 7 is the least.
1) picking up the bucket and shaking vigorously like a bartender shaking a drink.
2) Venturi effect (Wormaeter) pouring on top
3) Venturi effect (Wormaeter) directly to the bottom
4) pouring through a funnel
5) siphoning on top of a spoon
6) rocking back and forth hard while keeping the bottom of the bucket on the ground(rocking method)
7) siphoning to the bottom of the bucket and doing nothing
I just want to reiterate that there are a ton of methods out there that make great beer. I just want to use the most effective, cheapest, safest, and easiest method.