Here's my DIY stirplate. 12V computer fan, pot, 5v phone charger, LED switch. The switch lights up, but the fan doesn't move. WTF? Am I missing something?
what material is that top made out of? also hard to tell from the pics but what is the clearance from the top to the top of the fan.
Does the fan work when directly connected to the DC?
It's the radio shack project box. I haven't even closed the box up yet. The fan doesn't spin even when it's sitting on op of the box.
Could be wiring. Most likely used the wrong posts on the switch and/or speed control. By pass each to get fan working then you know which posts to use. Or you'll find the switch or contoller are bad.
Hard to say without it in front of me, sorry.
Try wiring it up without the switch. I didn't use a switch and while it would have been nice I don't miss it. I just unplug it. That will make the wiring simpler and also eliminate a faulty switch from the equation.
Well, it looks like it was just a bad solder. I suck at soldering. I disconnected everything and re-soldered and it works. Crisis averted. Now to begin work on stirplate #2...