Home Brew Forums

Home Brew Forums (http://www.homebrewtalk.com/forum.php)
-   DIY Projects (http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/)
-   -   Whirlpool Port location on a Keggle (http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/whirlpool-port-location-keggle-276960/)

redrider736 10-26-2011 10:50 PM

Whirlpool Port location on a Keggle
 
I searched out before posting, and read that the location ins't that important.
If I am starting out with 5gallon brews and move up to 10gallon brews would the best spot be at the 5gallon mark ??

Flomaster 10-26-2011 11:00 PM

I put mine at 7 gallons

-=Jason=-
Sent from my HTC Incredible using Home Brew Talk

redrider736 10-27-2011 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flomaster (Post 3427085)
I put mine at 7 gallons

-=Jason=-
Sent from my HTC Incredible using Home Brew Talk

Just wondering what size brews you do ? Mounting it at the 7gallon point would that be at or just above the pre-boil level of a 5gallon brew ?

LKABrewer 10-27-2011 11:12 PM

Are you talking about a whirlpool on a boil kettle? Wouldn't you want that as close to the bottom as possible to move the most wort?

drkwoods 10-27-2011 11:59 PM

Mine is at the 3 gallon level and works perfect at a 90`elbow

redrider736 10-28-2011 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LKABrewer (Post 3430860)
Are you talking about a whirlpool on a boil kettle? Wouldn't you want that as close to the bottom as possible to move the most wort?

Yes a brew kettle. Sorry, know I'm more confused than ever.

tasq 10-28-2011 04:27 PM

Mine is at the same height as my drain valve. It works fine for 5 and 10 gal.

redrider736 10-28-2011 05:55 PM

Sorry for the confusion, I was looking for info on a Brew Kettle application, but was reading up on a thread for a Mash Tun application.

Ok. For a Brew Kettle application I want to install it as close to the bottom of my Keggle, and in a Mash Tun application some were in the middle ?? Is this correct ??

ThX All

LKABrewer 10-28-2011 06:35 PM

I just got a new March pump, and am planning on installing a whirlpool in by BK this weekend. I plan on putting it close to the bottom, right above the drain.

If I were installing in the MLT, I would want it as close to the top of the grainbed as possible.

Flomaster 10-28-2011 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LKABrewer
I just got a new March pump, and am planning on installing a whirlpool in by BK this weekend. I plan on putting it close to the bottom, right above the drain.

If I were installing in the MLT, I would want it as close to the top of the grainbed as possible.

Different recipes = different amounts if grain.

MLT = at the top of the vessel
BK = where ever you want it.

Like said at seven gallons mine points down for a five gallon batch and for 10 gallon batches it's in the middle

-=Jason=-
Sent from my HTC Incredible using Home Brew Talk


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:04 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.