Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > What's your best DIY brew gadget?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2012, 01:08 AM   #31
wrench
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Definitely at the top of my list is the BIAB eKeggle and Ammo Can PID control box. That gets used every brew day.

I also just finished a 3 tap insulated keezer collar that gets used starting a few weeks after each brew day.

I'm finishing up a 90 degree heat stick that's going to let me heat water when I do want to sparge, or to boost my kitchen stove on the rare occasions I brew a small batch in the kitchen.

Next on the to-do list is a fermentation chamber that will circulate chilled glycol from the keezer. Oh, and I need to rebuild the cigar box (Kuba Kuba) stir plate that stopped working.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2012, 02:28 AM   #32
NewBrewB
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 24 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Enjoyed building a kegerator into my wetbar (tonight I upgraded to Perlick faucets because my cheapies kept sticking)

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/fare...-house-259059/

I also made a pre-chiller with an extra wort chiller and a cooler... just fill it with ice water and run a hose through this and then over to the chiller that goes in the kettle at the end of a boil. Works like a champ. Hmm.. guess I never got around to taking a picture of it.

Old 03-27-2012, 12:04 PM   #33
roylee
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

One of my favorites is a solar water heater... My brew room is in what was once the milking parlor of a small barn. From the water hydrant I ran a 100 ft of 1/2 inch tubing, coiling it on the south side of the roof, then terminating it with a faucet above the brew sculpture. On sunny days I start with water in the 100 to 105 range, which saves a lot of time and propane.

Old 03-27-2012, 12:22 PM   #34
TheBreweryUnderground
Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by roylee
One of my favorites is a solar water heater... My brew room is in what was once the milking parlor of a small barn. From the water hydrant I ran a 100 ft of 1/2 inch tubing, coiling it on the south side of the roof, then terminating it with a faucet above the brew sculpture. On sunny days I start with water in the 100 to 105 range, which saves a lot of time and propane.
You could also try painting the tubing black and put it in a case with glass facing south and some reflective surface in the background. Where I'm staying now we have a tank like this and it provides several hot showers even when it's chilly.

“… Besides, the Word is the principal part of baptism. If in an emergency there’s no water at hand, it doesn’t matter whether water or beer is used.” ~Martin Luther

Old 03-27-2012, 12:29 PM   #35
kpr121
Recipes 

Liked 61 Times on 58 Posts
Likes Given: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by roylee View Post
Thats a pretty cool one! I am assuming copper?

Bottled:
Bulk Aging:
Up Next: ???? Suggestions?

Quick Reply