The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > What to do with Blichmann burner legs?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2013, 07:32 PM   #1
cfrazier77
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 75 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 52

Default What to do with Blichmann burner legs?

Hopefully some wise and creative soul can help me out. I just upgraded to a Blichmann burner and this thing can really put out some heat. I also got the 24" legs at the same time. So, I am wondering, is there anything beer DIY I can do with the original legs? They are pretty heavy duty, but I can't think of anything.
Thanks,

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2013, 08:19 PM   #2
day_trippr
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 979 Times on 799 Posts

Here's what I did.

I set up a jig on my drill press table and drilled new holes in both the short legs and the long ones, then ran 5/16" SS hardware to marry new legs to old. I felt a lot better about the resulting wide stance, because those 24" legs on the stock spread always struck me as too tippy to risk.

Ironically, as soon as I can paint my new single tier I'll be stripping those legs. But I just knocked off two batches today with my "Goldbergian Multi-Tier" (which involves that BK setup, fed by a cooler MLT sitting on a B&D Workmate, fed by a HLT sitting atop a short-legged Blichmann atop a big patio block sitting on a step stool on top of a folding table - yeah, it scares everyone half to death just to see this thing! ), and those legs still serve me well...

Cheers!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply