Here's what I did.
I set up a jig on my drill press table and drilled new holes in both the short legs and the long ones, then ran 5/16" SS hardware to marry new legs to old. I felt a lot better about the resulting wide stance, because those 24" legs on the stock spread always struck me as too tippy to risk.
Ironically, as soon as I can paint my new single tier I'll be stripping those legs. But I just knocked off two batches today with my "Goldbergian Multi-Tier" (which involves that BK setup, fed by a cooler MLT sitting on a B&D Workmate, fed by a HLT sitting atop a short-legged Blichmann atop a big patio block sitting on a step stool on top of a folding table - yeah, it scares everyone half to death just to see this thing! ), and those legs still serve me well...