I've been planing this in my head for 4 years now, been planned it on paper for a year and a half and started working on the welding portion back in June. Now it's really starting to resemble something. My wife and I are going to open a brewpub in a few years and this system will be used as our pilot system. Most of my research was conducted on HBT and I have all you guys to thank! I'll be slowly editing this post.
Some acknowledgments: xxxxx
I started by building a prototype.
Then I started solid modeling the system.
Then I bought a welder and started to teach myself to weld buy building a welding table first.
Started working on the gas plumbing today. A lot is temporary at this point. I ran out of money for a couple of months just today. For now everything with be manual. By January I'd like to have my BCS controlling Intermittent Pilot lights.
I was able to finish the rest of the plumbing and gas piping before Sunday's brewday. I even finished the HLT about an hour before mash in. The system worked great! Brewed the annual pumpkin ale. Brew day was shortened by at least an hour and we hit an mash efficency of 86% and best of all I didn't have to run around the house lifting a boiling pot of wort!
Crossing my fingers that I get get the controls installed on the HLT and mashtun burner by January.